Quark Mini AA WW Lo-mode Runtime - can we compare notes?

Quension

Newly Enlightened
4sevens has stated before that the ratings they list are for the batteries they ship with -- a Duracell alkaline in this case.

No one's done a runtime test on low because it's not all that relevant - tiny differences in Vf/manufacturing cause big differences in runtime at low currents. If you had many copies of the Quark, you'd find a range of difference of roughly 20% in their low-mode runtimes. So whatever your final numbers are, they'll only serve as rough guidelines in regards to other Quarks..

Keep in mind the MiNis are using PWM, not lower drive currents.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Thanks for doing this testing, Rookie. I was curious about its runtime, too. Most of the time I'm using it on low. I have noticed that it seems to be an very good battery vampire, able to refire at low voltage.

Geoff

91FromStars

Newly Enlightened
This thread prompted me to do my own run time test on my Quark Mini AA WW on lo-mode. My test was a bit limited; I only have a stopwatch. Running on a duraloop, a 2000mah that I made sure was fully charged, low mode lasted 28 hours. The light turned off somewhere in the 29th hour.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
thanks guys... lovecpf

I like these lo-mode runtime data too. I am doing lo-mode runtime testing on other flashlights that I have and will create a new thread to collect the data. These are useful to me in case of emergency... :D

Latest posts