Question for LEO members.

ufokillerz

Enlightened
that flashlight is legal as long as you don't hurt someone with it, if you do, it'll be classified as a dangerous object. new york city says 2 cells or less and its not a dangerous object.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light in the pic is a Kel-Lite. Older Kel-Lites only had markings on the bottom of the end cap. That endcap is an aftermarket endcap for "certain" situations. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

--dan

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
ufokillerz said:
...new york city says 2 cells or less and its not a dangerous object.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting that the ones who make the laws, enforce the laws and adjudicate the laws all have access to their preferred means of self defense, while the average poor schm**k is left playing loser's Kendo with his AAA ARC.

Brightnorm

holtz58

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Guys. I guess I own a Kel-Lite not a Mag-Lite. I haven't taken this light out of the house in 20 years. I first replaced it with 4 C Cel Mag-Lite then replaced that
with a 9AN415-HA.

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
I agree that people without minimal training should not carry pepper spray. I recommend everyone who wants to carry to read the booklet Tactical Use of Defense Sprays by Doug Lamb.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
hawkhkg11 said:
I agree that people without minimal training should not carry pepper spray. I recommend everyone who wants to carry to read the booklet Tactical Use of Defense Sprays by Doug Lamb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ordered it. Thanks

BN

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
...a handgun which I can't carry in my gun-hating city.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm, which city in California do you live in?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
shankus said:
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
...a handgun which I can't carry in my gun-hating city.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm, which city in California do you live in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not California

BN

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting that the ones who make the laws, enforce the laws and adjudicate the laws all have access to their preferred means of self defense, while the average poor schm**k is left playing loser's Kendo with his AAA ARC.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, the laws that are made, enforced, and adjudicated the most in my area generally have the least risk to the enforcers, and the greatest likelihood of monitary return. In other words, they involve ordinary citizens that feel obligated to pay their bills.

RussH

Enlightened
That's probably caused by the propellant. Is it freon? Carbon dioxide is prefered as a propellant. Any petroleum based product and a number of non petro oils & hydrocarbons is likely to melt styrofoam. I tried a styro cup to prime my carburator once........

M

MeridianTactical

My ARC AAA is great for Self defense... I use it to light up my .38 so the BG's can see it better in the dark... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LTFan

Newly Enlightened
Fox pepper spray is dated on the can.
Look near the bottom rim under the label. The "birth" date is stamped into the can. Note: this is not the expiration date, but the date of manufacture.
Pepper spray like Fox does not deteriorate like CS or CN tear gases. It is only the loss of pressure over the seals over time that will cause a performance problem. Just test fire your pepper spray for 1/2 second every year or so.
I have pepper spray that is over 7 years old and still sprays like new.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread has drifted from light content to self-defense and OC...I'm moving it to cafe, which seems more appropriate...

--dan