• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Questions & FAQ - Oveready / TorchLAB

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: R: Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

Thanks Moddoo. I ordered the Stubby with the neutral H/M/L, brass smooth bezel, brass short tube for 1 x 18350 and also a TL50 tube.

"I have a batch of DB tailcaps at the Hard Anodize shop now. They will be available in about a week or two."

Does this affect my order or do you have a complete Stubby light in stock as was listed on your website?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

No worries. We are low on DB caps. Yours will ship on Monday.

Tom is working to ensure the next orders can ship soon.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just realized that I can add a clip to this Stubby light. Can this be added to my existing order so I don't have to pay shipping twice?

Also, I assume the short clip will work ok with either 1x or 2x 18350, is this correct?

Thanks! :)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Sorry for the confusion. A few Moddoolar clip rules:

Like Z41, DB caps don't support clips directly

Clips installed between the body and tailcap are not 100% reliable

Short Triads clips require bodies longer than 35mm (50-130 only, TL20 are to short)

Long Triads clips require bodies longer than 50mm (65-130 only, TL20 are to short)

That being said, we hear your request and will put our magicians to work on it.

markvandw

Newly Enlightened
Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

Does anyone know if the brass ring for the Z41 McClicky upgrade kit fits in a Solarforce L2N tailcap?

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast

:help: HELP!!!

I just received my Moddoolar Pocket Stubby and I can't figure out how in the world an 18350 is supposed to fit in it. With the cell installed you cant screw the tailcap on to the brass body. The ZRS brass piece in the tailcap protrudes higher than the threads in the tailcap making battery contact before the threads can engage the body.

I have the same problem when trying to install 2 x 18350 used with the TL50 body. Doesn't fit. :(

Could it be that my DB tailcap is machined incorrectly? The threads only come about half way to the top...is this correct? :confused:

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

:help: HELP!!!

I just received my Moddoolar Pocket Stubby and I can't figure out how in the world an 18350 is supposed to fit in it. With the cell installed you cant screw the tailcap on to the brass body. The ZRS brass piece in the tailcap protrudes higher than the threads in the tailcap making battery contact before the threads can engage the body.

I have the same problem when trying to install 2 x 18350 used with the TL50 body. Doesn't fit. :(

Could it be that my DB tailcap is machined incorrectly? The threads only come about half way to the top...is this correct? :confused:

do you have this brass zero rez shorty?:

http://www.oveready.com/images/uploads/ZRS.jpg

or do you have this standard brass zero rez?

http://www.oveready.com/images/uploads/ZeroResDisc.jpg

The standard zero rez does not work with the stubby setup.
Let us know and we will get you straightened out.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine has the standard brass zero rez.

So you can send me a zero rez shorty right away?

Last edited:

bright light

Newly Enlightened
Re: Oveready addicted... Am I alone ???

Hmmm.. By definition, you can't be addicted if you can't even get your first fix!

Every time I go to their site, nothing is in stock. What's the deal? They really need to up their production. They are losing money.

Hi. I'm still waiting for my torch. Placed order four weeks ago when item was in stock. Now getting quite nervous.

The problem is it s unlikely technical questions will be asked as getting the product is very difficult. Perhaps they gave away too many for the movie they promote on the web site!

I have sent an email requesting postage details, but not had a response.

Don't know if other members have had similar experiences

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

My experience is completely the opposite...I find their customer service (both pre & post sales) to be first rate and their shipping to be very prompt. And yes I lived over 8000 miles away from them too. I am sure Dan will response to you in a timely manner...you'll soon find that it's a joy doing business with them :thumbsup:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

My experience has been very, very positive. I placed orders, realized I forgot some small item, placed the second order and get the shipping refunded promptly. I live in Switzerland - I'm American so I don't know how far that is - and I've placed orders on Friday and received them the very next Thursday.

Make sure you check the status of your account, use the contact function, email or post something in the questions thread. And don't be sarcastic. I have never had a problem and I am sure everything will be sorted out.

999snafu

Newly Enlightened

Oveready customer service has to be about the best I've had with any flashlight suppliers. Always good, quick communications and I've always received items very quick to the UK.

In fact I've only ever had one problem with any of my orders from them, I ordered a custom HA Surefire C2 but the one I received was the standard Surefire finish (although all my options - UCL lens, black steel bezel ring & McClicky were on it!), I emailed them that day & despite the time difference I had a response within a couple of hours apologising & telling me that they had just shipped my correct order out as soon as they heard from me, they didn't even wait for me to ship back the first one as other companies have done with me in the past.

I think yours is the first time I've heard anyone say that they've had anything less than exemplary service from the guys at Oveready.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi. I'm still waiting for my torch. Placed order four weeks ago when item was in stock. Now getting quite nervous.

The problem is it s unlikely technical questions will be asked as getting the product is very difficult. Perhaps they gave away too many for the movie they promote on the web site!

I have sent an email requesting postage details, but not had a response.

Have you PM Tom or Dan on here? Usually I do that on rare occasion where they may have missed my email?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

We work every day to squash issues, but do sometimes miss things.

PM sent...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

ElectronGuru beat me to it...

Oveready has one of the best Customer Service in the business (on par with SF)... Like the man said, they might miss something but will always take care of it once they are aware...

Cheers to OR...

bright light

Newly Enlightened

Have you PM Tom or Dan on here? Usually I do that on rare occasion where they may have missed my email?

I must withdraw any negative comments. The whole issue is my mistake and Dan has been most helpful. I apologise for any misunderstanding.

DAN92

Enlightened

Sometimes I send a PM to Dan when I do not receive a reply to an email, it responds with kindness and courtesy on CPF, but the customer service is really good.:)

d337944

Enlightened

Hi Oveready guys,

Can you please advise how long (shelf life?) your GID hosts' glowing capabilities are rated for? E.g. after 10 years will they still glow when charged?

Cheers