Quick snake id

raggie33

*the raggedier*
dont know and he is very aggrsive so it was hard to get a picture .i wont harm him no matter what but ill take him a lot further in woods if he has venom

turbodog

Flashaholic
Be careful with that thing. I can't see the head well enough to comment about it. Even non-poisonous can be dangerous, a bite would send you to the ER until species was confirmed. And a deep puncture (bite) can cause non-trivial infection regardless.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
nah he wouldnt eat any corn or peas. ok im kidding lol he is still in back yard ill let him go tonight

raggie33

*the raggedier*
It's a Dekay's Brown snake, non-venomous and feeds on worms, slugs/snails.

thats makes sence for real in smae place where i found him after cuting bushes down i saw a boat load of worms . if i wasnt trying to find a place to store snake id caught them all for fishing but im hopeing they will still be there in the am

We've got an outside snake. Sort of like an outside cat, always trying to come inside! :)
Snake 3.jpeg
Stnake 2.jpg
Stanke 1.jpg

That house would be on the market immediately if I lived there.

A smaller version of that snake got into our house once and ate one of the three meadow voles we had raise from pinkies (a hawk ate their mom). That snake is the only thing on earth I have ever felt actual hate for. It didn't last long, as I understand the reality that animals eat other animals to survive. But for a few minutes I had glowing red hot hatred for that snake.

BTW, don't move to South Carolina. Snakes are just a part of our ecosystem. Most folks understand they are good for the neighborhood and leave them alone.

IMG_6660.JPG
Voles.JPG

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
btw ive caught 3 or more of these in my house . unless its the same snake i always just bring it outdoors and let it go. i doubt its the sname snake but it could be

Latest posts