R.I.P. Gaston Glock.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why didn't you send it to Kimber for warranty repair/replacement? You must have lost some bucks reselling an expensive, unreliable firearm.
This was many years ago when I first got into handguns. I lost a few hundred selling it, my buddy purchased it and wanted to deal with the issues I guess. I think it may be fixed now, who knows. Huge turn off for me. I been told those Kimbers need "broken in". Whatever that means, I had shot over 500 rounds and still had issues. I can buy a Glock or any other handgun for half the price and fire away no problem. Considering the CDP 2 ultra carry was gonna be a carry gun, it was a no go for me considering the amount of jams it had, I've tried all sorts of ammo as well. I think the .45 auto in that subcompact format needed to be revised

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it's great he invented a plastic gun with no safety and a light trigger. Wouldn't call that a good impact. Besides the impact of bullets hitting people while they unholster their firearm
How much time/experience do you have carrying a striker fired pistol, to make that statement?

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion

But you are not entitled to your own facts

How is it one of the best guns ever invented? And how does making firearms save lives? Over another pistol? I can name many pistols better than the Glock. 1911, 92f, p226, cz 75 and 85, hi-power, the list goes on. I've shot Glocks before. Maybe not as much trigger time as you. But they have around a 5lb trigger stock. That's way too light when there's no safety. Revolvers and double actions have the heavy trigger. 1911s have safeties. The Glock has a trigger. That's it. It's a terrible design. And nothing will change that no matter how much you like it. They're reliable feeders because they have such an aggressive feed ramp they have a hard time running lead ammo. I know people like them. I have to wonder if it's just because they're cheap compared to a good pistol

Handguns, especially a CCW, are a very personal decision, what works for me, may not work for you.

You listed some very interesting handguns, I have 1911's and Hi-Powers, but have never carried one as a defensive weapon, nor can I imagine that I will ever.

Owned a 92f and it was one of the very few firearms I've ever sold, as it just didn't do it for me

CZ's and Sig's also never did for me, having fired many, never had a desire to purchase any.

I also am a fan of revolvers, and carried them for many years (along with a S&W 3953, from 1991 until about 2015, that is as close to a revolver as a pistol gets), however only occasionally anymore, as striker fired pistols have replaced them for the vast majority of my CCW needs (with the exception of pocket carry)

I will also state I am not a big Glock fan, as most of my striker fired pistols are S&W's, but I do own a few and have no problem recommending them

I'm certainly no expert on handguns, or CCW, however I do have a bit of experience with both, having been shooting since I was 8 y/o and having a CCW permit since I was 21 y/o (1985)

So again, what's your experience in carrying handguns?

Perhaps while hunting?

Which I would agree with you, that a hunting sidearm is revolver territory (at least for me)

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I been told those Kimbers need "broken in". Whatever that means, I had shot over 500 rounds and still had issues. I can buy a Glock or any other handgun for half the price and fire away no problem. Considering the CDP 2 ultra carry was gonna be a carry gun, it was a no go for me considering the amount of jams it had, I've tried all sorts of ammo as well. I think the .45 auto in that subcompact format needed to be revised
Very true. In fact the CDP manual has wording stating a 500 round break-in period. Pretty standard practice for all 1911s, but the CDP isn't a gun for a 1911 novice so I can understand your feelings. My first sub compact 1911 was the Colt Officer's ACP back in the early 80's and I had to work thru some bugs until it was totally reliable.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
We do have numeros threads about lights for self defence, gun is the accessory to a light that achieves that goal, imo
Btw we do have a thread about cars going for years, no one seems to questions that.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just imagine a flashlight discussion on a firearms forum. Yep - so here we are. :shakehead:
On a gun forum they talk of Streamlight if a cop or Surefire if soldier or gun owner and say go to CPF, yes here!! Once they talked about torches on a British trade board and I listed my lights and they say you must be from CPF. I was of course.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Just imagine a flashlight discussion on a firearms forum. Yep - so here we are. :shakehead:
Created as a Tribute topic to a deceased, legendary individual.
I checked to make sure, and didn't see another such topic on the forums before creating this one.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Certainly nothing wrong with firearms threads. But having frequented a number of firearms forums, it often comes as no surprise that the depth of expertise on flashlights there is lacking. The same tendency is frequently demonstrated here; aside from the OP, there are relatively few here I would pay much attention to honestly.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Certainly nothing wrong with firearms threads. But having frequented a number of firearms forums, it often comes as no surprise that the depth of expertise on flashlights there is lacking. The same tendency is frequently demonstrated here; aside from the OP, there are relatively few here I would pay much attention to honestly.
G thanx lol.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Image1.jpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol kestrel is a good bloke im just glad he said it the way he did I'd be sad if he only called me out lol..