• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

R50vn - Best 26650 Light

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Except for the difference in charging, I believe that Vihn has made us the pro. If the lens or reflector varied a bit, I bet it the difference will be more subtle and will have very little on the R50VN.

Hoping that's correct! :D

I probably ended up thinking about it for long enough to miss the first batch!

I'll see it in a month. [emoji17]

Newlumen, please let me know how they compare! [emoji106]

scintillator

Enlightened
I just ordered one XHP70 5700K HCRI,hope I got in on batch 2.
I guess I am slower than the average flashaholic!

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I pulled out at the last second on this one.

Hmm... so many decisions, so few dollars

Im in the same boat. I returned a m30cvt and i want to get something else. I liked the throw but i just wish it was brighter. Im tossing and turning over he m25l4c with xlp pdt, T6vn or the k70vn. I want the r50vn but ill wait till the rush subsides on that one.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im in the same boat. I returned a m30cvt and i want to get something else. I liked the throw but i just wish it was brighter. Im tossing and turning over he m25l4c with xlp pdt, T6vn or the k70vn. I want the r50vn but ill wait till the rush subsides on that one.

I'm posting my comments in the lounge so to not take this thread off course, which would likely lead to another warning or possibly having my lights turned off permanently.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...3-The-Lounge&p=4936596&viewfull=1#post4936596

DMS1970

Enlightened
Just curious, how many per batch? 10-20? They seem to be flying off the shelves!

DMS1970

Enlightened
Will this light be released in raw/polished copper/brass/titanium like the S1 S2 etc? THAT would be sweet! Maybe the copper could take more heat?

Last edited:

1c3d0g

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for making this happen, Vinh. The R50 is like a dream come true!

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far, I'm sorry to say that I'm not quite catching what the great appeal of this light is. Please enLIGHTen me, those who get their lights first...

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
im going to wait till the rush subsides lol. have not seen a light sell like this is a long time. GO Vinh !!!

ven

Flashaholic
So far, I'm sorry to say that I'm not quite catching what the great appeal of this light is. Please enLIGHTen me, those who get their lights first...

A lot to do with it size/output and run times.
Will start with size, the 26650 form has a real nice comfy form factor, little wider than the 18650 form so it helps with heat dissipation due to a little more mass.
Output, well xhp50 or xhp70 are monster LED's, high output and good for 3000lm in this light, of past normally the larger 4 x 18650 cell type for this output, yet now in a pocket-able size!
Run times, as most 18650's (INR here as we are on vinh lights) tend to be 2500-3000mah and maybe 20a(more than enough and just an example), 26650 cells are roughly twice the capacity(but not twice the size), so benefits of longer run times...........
The olight as a brand, they are nicely made, decent ano and have a quality feel to them!

So all in all, its a pretty decent package and a useful beam, no crazy tight beam here, but a nice hot spot and generous spill which covers most general uses and some. It could be a work light, a glove box light, a compact S&R light............so potentially many uses.

Then just to add to the flexibility, you get a USB charge option thrown in, no charger needed or out and about you can plug into aux socket or even a laptop USB.........charge anywhere on the go, if/when required.

Finally vinh is offering lots of tint options, dome on or off, this helps the buyer to tweak his/hers desired output/tint/throw of their preference.

Thats my take on this light anyway..........

;)

Last edited:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review on the light Vinh. I'm totally stoked about this one and can't wait to get my order I just placed. Is there anyway to keep us posted as to the ETA of these lights?

ven

Flashaholic
Ven you should get a V54 hat or shirt for that post. BTW which spec did you order?

I dont have one wimmer :laughing: I am just saying what appeals and why its popular by simply going through what appeals to me and no doubt many others. The 26650 form is very nice in the hand, i prefer it to the 18650 form for comfort . Had a couple fo 26650 lights and superb in hand, hard to explain unless you have held one tbh.

3000lm in a compact comfortable to hold light=winner for wimmer!