Rage and self control toward Iraq

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think if we were forced to go on "door to door" operations, we're going to see a LOT of casualties, both civilian and servicemen, and I think we may very well have to risk that choice...

Seiging Baghdad and weeding out the military personel from regular civilians is NOT going to be pretty...

GeoffChan

Enlightened
Minjin,
I thought you only saw those kind of minefields on "Star Trek"

The thing that really pisses me off about was reading that they we're faking surrendering to ambush coalition troops.

Isn't there rules of war that stops that?

Geoff

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^ Yes, faking a surrender is against the international rules of war. As is wearing the uniform of the enemy during actual combat.

By the way, those minefields are the reason the US never signed the international land mine ban treaty. Those mines either automatically self destruct, or the batteries that control them die, making them inert adn pretty harmless. We (the US) don't use the type of mines that people think of when they think of land mines very often. You know those old type that you have to bury by hand, and can stay there for decades. That applies to all of the FASCAM (all the scatterable) mines.

I don't think that most of the media being too bad about announcing what's going on or where they are. Most of the time things like that aren't announced until well after the fact. There have been problems, but nothing is perfect. Hopefully we still have the EC-130's overpowering the local newstations and are broadcasting our own propoganda.

GeoffChan

Enlightened
Thanks Unicorn,

I've got another one. If you remove your uniform and fight dressed as a civillian, are you treated as a spy or a terrorist if you are captured?

Geoff

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
The US will still probably treat them as soldiers however the Geneva Convention specifically excludes them.
No uniform = No Geneva convention protection.

ledfoot

Newly Enlightened
I like the use of the gator and if they (the cowards that they are) make the woman and children walk thru them, at least we're not the bad guys. This is war and you gotta do whatcha gotta do. There are no easy solutions and if they want to use woman and children, no uniforms and fake surrenders....annilate them! We need to stay away from urban combat as much as possible.