Raw Da (Damascus) Sign Up List

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiely23+

Enlightened
Osprey_Guy said:
Tomorrow I'll be shipping this out to its owner in Germany. Hope he's happy!

Dennis Greenbaum :cool:

I will be happy... :grin2:
I can hardly expect to see my baby...

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Osprey_Guy said:
And a couple more...

RawDa6.jpg

This was the toughest shot...Just can't figure out how to show how VERY shiny the base is now. I know that it doesn't appear that different in these photos, but the difference between the way the light looked when I received it, compared with the way it looks now, is positively HUGE!!! I used a word earlier to describe it...GLEAMING...Especially the base, with its cool raindrop pattern, which is now shimmering with its near mirror finish.
RawDa2.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be shipping this out to its owner in Germany. Hope he's happy!

Dennis Greenbaum :cool:
:thumbsup: Good work Dennis :cool:

Osprey_Guy

Enlightened
Thank you Rob!

Your first time to work with damascus and you did a great job with the etching...a home run!

As someone correctly pointed out in another thread, even if you had my experience with this sort of finish, if you had done each of the Raw Da's like this before sending them out the necessary increased cost to the customers would have been considerable. I only charged $100...and if I was doing this for a living it would most certainly have been more.

Dennis :cool:

Last edited:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rob, Will you ever be doing more RAW DA lights in the future? If yes please put me on the list for one.

Not in the near future, If any Damascus is going to happen I guess it will be Wee..

iconoclast

Enlightened
I'm still kicking myself for not discovering the raw until well after the raw da was long gone. If there's a wee bit of da in the future, I'm right there in line for the sign up list!

Which reminds me...
Hey rob, just out of curiosity, how come the wee doesn't have the ns/ti/da/etc moniker engraved on it like the raw does? Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.