READ ME: Mac's Contact Information

F-16fanman

Newly Enlightened
I take it back now! Chris sent me my order!
I have a Tri EDC that is very superbly built and finished in the fashion that I have read about. Very, very nice!:candle::candle:
Chris has had some hardships with life changing events that seem to happen to all of us sooner or later.
He is working on completing and making good on all of the orders he has. They are taking time but his conversations with
me (I know you guys don't know me) leave me believing he is a good honest guy. I would not hesitate to order again!:)
Again, it will take time but he will complete and deliver good on all orders.

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
I am happy for you that you got your light, but don't you think it's odd that 15 months of being ignored and once you decide to take legal action he makes good on your order? I would be hesitant to order from him until he proves himself a bit more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris has had some hardships with life changing events that seem to happen to all of us sooner or later.
He is working on completing and making good on all of the orders he has. They are taking time but his conversations with
me (I know you guys don't know me) leave me believing he is a good honest guy. I would not hesitate to order again!:)
If that were the case you'd think he would make good on his current orders before starting a new business (which seems like his new customers don't wait long at all).

IsaacL

Enlightened
I take it back now! Chris sent me my order!
I have a Tri-EDC that is very superbly built and finished in the fashion that I have read about. Very, very nice!:candle::candle:

You are correct, we don't know you, but that's not necessarily a good or bad thing in and of itself. However, you may not be fully aware of the scope of events in this forum. I won't re-air all the dirty laundry but suffice to say that Chris' actions have unequivocally proven that honesty is not his guiding principle. As others have already pointed out, having to take legal action to receive goods or services owed is not indicative of honest business practice. Also the issue of transparency and open communication from Chris still stands...

Whether he will deliver on ALL orders remains to be seen. I'm not holding my breath because I know a number of people here who have waited years with no reply. My own (very) rough estimate is that 50+ people are still waiting on their orders; I have good reason to believe that it's a conservative estimate. I've tried to organize those members the best I can but this forum no longer gets the amount of traffic it once had. Also, there were customers who were not members of CPF and who will never see these threads.

While I am glad your received your light, please take a moment to understand how your post might feel like slap in the face to all the people who are still waiting - some much longer than you. I think it would be helpful if you could share what changed for you in the the past month, instead of simply tooting Mac's horn.

Having said that, I hope you enjoy your new light. I'm coming on the two year anniversary with my own Tri-EDC. Mac is and has always been an extraordinarily talented craftsman. The quality of his work was never in question.

F-16fanman

Newly Enlightened
I agree with you guys. No disrespect intended, I wrote my reply in a bit of a hurry. I wanted to help others feel hope that the lights will arrive.:eek: I hope they do. I wasn't sure what was going on with the order when I placed it 15 months ago. I also stood on Chris off and on over this time so I can only imagine the frustration of others as well. Sorry guys, I hope these orders come through for you all soon!
How long has the oldest order been out on one of these?

jkid1911

Enlightened
I agree with you guys. No disrespect intended, I wrote my reply in a bit of a hurry. I wanted to help others feel hope that the lights will arrive.:eek: I hope they do. I wasn't sure what was going on with the order when I placed it 15 months ago. I also stood on Chris off and on over this time so I can only imagine the frustration of others as well. Sorry guys, I hope these orders come through for you all soon!
How long has the oldest order been out on one of these?

I believe your best intentions so no worries. However, conversations? Plural? What's your secret? I'd like to know how you managed to get him to answer the phone or respond to PM or email. I've been a great advocate of his work well into his demise and I've yet to be able to make contact with him in any way and gave up a long time ago after trying on and off for a year.......

jkid1911

Enlightened
Looks like he was telling the truth. I found this link via Google, so I think it's ok to share here:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonherald/obituary.aspx?pid=173959913

I sympathize with anyone who loses a parent, but eventually we all do unless we go first.

Please also accept my condolences for your loss too, sincerely.

However, back to Mac.....I lost my Mother, Uncle, Aunt and best friend all in one year. While I struggled with my own mystery illness (stress?), I still managed to work 40+ hours a week, care for my sick father and provide for my family at the same time. Just sayin....

Last edited:

F-16fanman

Newly Enlightened
You are so right! I must have gotten lucky. One time I got him to respond by sending my email to him in a batch of 10 resends so he might notice mine in all the rest of what he gets. That was probably a little unreasonable on my part though.

F-16fanman

Newly Enlightened
I sympathize with anyone who loses a parent, but eventually we all do unless we go first.

Please also accept my condolences for your loss too, sincerely.

However, back to Mac.....I lost my Mother, Uncle, Aunt and best friend all in one year. While I struggled with my own mystery illness (stress?), I still managed to work 40+ hours a week, care for my sick father and provide for my family at the same time. Just sayin....

Thanks and for you as well, that is much heavier a hit than for me. Sorry. Picking up and moving on is tricky, you never know how it will really affect you and family.

LupinIII

Enlightened
Thanks and for you as well, that is much heavier a hit than for me. Sorry. Picking up and moving on is tricky, you never know how it will really affect you and family.

Congrats on getting your light! Do you mind sharing:

When you placed your order?

When you received it?

And what you did to get in touch with him?

That would be very helpful to everyone waiting years to hopefully get some kind of response or closure.

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
At least I got my 2 hosts back :)

I have numerous collections from Mac, some of which are one of a kind. I left 2 FIVEMEGA hosts with him for modifications and it'd been several years with no results.
I sent him email a few times asking for the host back and one day I got the reply that he will send them back the following week. Few weeks went by, no hosts!
I then sent a few messages to his Facebook page and again he replied, "I will ship Monday". A few weeks went by NO hosts in my hands.
A few weeks ago, it was his birthday, so I just said happy birthday to him, no mention of the hosts. A few days later, I asked if he sent the hosts yet via FB.
Well a week later I got my 2 hosts back!!!
So take it any way you wish because I can't figure this one out.

Latest posts