Really basic question

tnforever

Newly Enlightened
My father uses some AA to D adaptors in a multi D cell radio that has a very low current draw. He's slowly working his way through a stockpile of semi-dead AA cells that run it fine.

Unfortunately I don't use anything that uses D cell batteries besides flashlights. I don't really even use anything that uses AA cells, besides flashlights (I have a good tank007 that will run on AAs that don't even light up a Fenix), other than that I only have a wireless keyboard that's rarely used (for my big screen TV's computer), and a wireless PS2 controller

I usually use semi-dead AA cells for running my everyday L2D, since they can utilize Alkalines quite well up to medium mode, and AAA cells go to my E01

Can't think of a use for semidead D cells though

Howecollc

Enlightened
Well I'm a bit annoyed, I can't for the life of me find 5-cell Krypton bulbs.
Radio Shack carries the 5 cell KPR112 bulb. It's more expensive and not as well spec'd as the 5 cell Mag Krypton, but is pretty well thought of on CPF. Look up the "2C 3xCR123 KPR112 mod".

tnforever

Newly Enlightened
Radio Shack carries the 5 cell KPR112 bulb. It's more expensive and not as well spec'd as the 5 cell Mag Krypton, but is pretty well thought of on CPF. Look up the "2C 3xCR123 KPR112 mod".

Yea but at $1.79 for 1 at radioshack vs. $2.49 for 2 Maglite 6 cell bulbs...

BTW stopped by at a Walmart that (finally) had flashlight bulbs, for whatever reason Rayovac's 6V lantern bulbs (4.8V) was labeled as a 5 cell bulb on the price tag (the one made by Walmart), but I seriously doubt I can get any life out of it in a 6 cell light.

Latest posts