recommendations for a cheap and bright laser....

PhotonMaster3

Newly Enlightened
Hey I happen to have several Sanwu lasers and I love them. The green 304 you mentioned is nice and the lightsaber attachment (a clear plastic rod) looks super cool in a dark room. Great customer service too

i also have a 6 watt blue and man is that a fun device. You have to be super careful but with good goggles you can light paper on fire and even burn dark metal.

but for a beautiful beam def go with the green

incidentally, I've asked them if they ever considered making a white light attachment to generate a LEP type of beam. I'd have to think their 7+ watt diodes would be more powerful than the Acebeam W30

PhotonMaster3

Newly Enlightened
And please be diligent about wearing safety glasses. With a multi watt laser, I even put mine on before putting the batteries in. One flash and you can get permanent eye damage

Great hobby though :)

PaulPool89

Newly Enlightened
Our job has ordered from Optotronics.com because that was the only USA-made laser company we could find, almost everything else was cheap Chinese junk. Hope that helps.

Mishalk

Newly Enlightened
A good self leveling, rotary laser will cost you some big money. For most tasks that a home owner / light professional would do a self leveling laser line (horizontal/vertical) level will fit the bill. PLS make very good ones PLS * PACIFIC LASER SYSTEMS As do Topcon/Bosch/Dewalt, Porter Cable (Robotoolz) and other good names. I do have a cheap one that does a good job, but the laser printer at printerhow is not very bright and the angle of projection is kind of narrow. With lasers you pretty much get what you pay for.
Someone drove around our neighborhood with a green laser pointing at buildings, vehicles, and people. As if the President had arrived, law enforcement from many agencies swarmed our streets in a matter of minutes. That was a year ago, and I haven't had any issues since...

Last edited: