Recommendations for LED replacement bulb

Jjwheels723

Newly Enlightened
Hello All,
While cleaning out a closet, I discovered a couple of Princeton Tec flashlights. One a headlamp, the other a flashlight.
Both use the same type of screw on lamp housing. Both used an easily replaceable flanged halogen bulb, much the same as
any flashlight could use. Each uses 4AA batteries. If I remember correctly, the headlamp was called a Vortec. Not sure what the
flashlight was called. They are in almost new condition, and I'd like to upgrade them with a reasonably bright LED bulb.
The myriad varieties of led bulbs I have seen online, have my head spinning!!!

Can anyone give me a recommendation for a good source and style of led bulb?

Jim

dennck

Newly Enlightened
Hello All,
While cleaning out a closet, I discovered a couple of Princeton Tec flashlights. One a headlamp, the other a flashlight.
Both use the same type of screw on lamp housing. Both used an easily replaceable flanged halogen bulb, much the same as
any flashlight could use. Each uses 4AA batteries. If I remember correctly, the headlamp was called a Vortec. Not sure what the
flashlight was called. They are in almost new condition, and I'd like to upgrade them with a reasonably bright LED bulb.
The myriad varieties of led bulbs I have seen online, have my head spinning!!!

Can anyone give me a recommendation for a good source and style of led bulb?

Jim
The Dorcy 4.5v-6v LED replacement bulb works well in my Princeton Tec Tec 40 which has the same lamp assembly as Vortec running on 4xAA.
The 3v version is good for Tec 20.
The light tint is nothing like the warm & beautiful halogen bulb but you gain a much longer runtime plus its slightly brighter.