REV Victor-World's Longest Throwing LED Light

houser23

Enlightened
Thanks, It's not a Victor but a DEFT-X rated at 1060Kcd. No one is posting any beam shots of the new Enthusiast so I thought I'd get the ball rolling:D.

magnum70383

Enlightened
Did a quick shot of the edc-x enthusiast vs rev Victor enthusiast. It's unbelievable how much led technology has advanced. This beast is insane.

Scoops, we gotta coordinate a time where we play lightsaber in the sky... Lol

Last edited:

MaxBeam

Enlightened
:wow: Now that's impressive!
buttrock.gif
:clap::party: :kewlpics: :twothumbs :thanks:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know the technical reason why aspheric light beams seem to narrow at a point and then widen again? I have not seen this effect with reflector lights, only aspherics. I am just curious at what is going on that causes this. I have had several aspherics and they exhibited the same narrowing/expanding beam profile as the beamshot above.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that is where the focal point is. Before that its just a circle of light with no led die image when it hits the focal point the die image will start very small at the middle of the beam and as you go out farther the die image gets larger and larger and more defined until the die image takes over the beam.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a focal point of the lens. The die of the LED will project at close or far distances.

You could take cardboard tubes and create a telescope to change the focal point, but will run out of lumens beyond a certain distance.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that is where the focal point is. Before that its just a circle of light with no led die image when it hits the focal point the die image will start very small at the middle of the beam and as you go out farther the die image gets larger and larger and more defined until the die image takes over the beam.

It is a focal point of the lens. The die of the LED will project at close or far distances.

You could take cardboard tubes and create a telescope to change the focal point, but will run out of lumens beyond a certain distance.

Thanks

Parker VH

Enlightened
You are such a stinker for posting that and teasing everyone. :nana: That light was a definite outlier. In fact there was a decent gap between that and the next highest. I don't remember exactly but I think it was around 1.34. I really really wanted to keep it for myself but I have sold all available bodies and have to serve you guys first.

Admittedly I took the weekend off to get necessary things done for the family but I am back on the ball today. Will get a few edc and Victor out today.

Michael I had second thoughts after I posted it but I had no idea if the lights were going to be all around that same output or maybe even higher. I remember when the Deft X came out and guys were posting the claimed output of their lights and mine was at the lower end of the batch and I felt a little bummed but as mentioned, you'd be hard pressed to notice any difference with the naked eye. I bet if we were to compare the two lights at the high and low end of the spectrum, no one would be able to tell the difference except maybe if they were held side by side and even then I'd be surprised if they could be told apart.
Thanks again for the hard work. This is a masterpiece!

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Noooooo lol. Way to much voltage
That would be like 21.8 volts. Thats sounds really high

Last edited: