REV Victor-World's Longest Throwing LED Light

Capolini

Banned
Read through the DEFT-X thread and you'll find your answer:D

lol!

Also read the OSTS TN31mb thread!!!

I got mine after his run was over. After the promised date went by I sent him a very direct email! I got the light 5 or 6 days later after that! All in all in only took about 2.5 weeks.That is certainly acceptable.

I certainly would NOT have the patience[nor should I] that you guys are having for this light!

stingray3

Enlightened
I got mine today and very pleased with it. Thanks Mike.........:wave:

Last edited:

star_c_star

Enlightened
I just received my (second) Rev-Victor Enthusiast. The performance was well above the 1300 kcd average, at 1360 kcd. This, and my first one, have an average performance of 1308 kcd.

Also, the second one was in a nice aluminum box identical to the one for my first DEFT-X.

Thanks Mike!

Now all I need is the DEFT-edc-X Enthusiast, which I'm sure will arrive relatively soon. Mike is a perfectionist, so waiting is worth it.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Um why did my REV Victor come in an ugly cardboard box?...

Mine also came in a cardboard box, so don't feel bad.

After using the light a half a dozen times or so, I'm not as thrilled as I was when received.

It puts a beam down range at the expense of zero spill light.

Comparing the Rev Victor to some of my other throwers, it's OK, but is a light I could do without.

star_c_star

Enlightened
My first Rev Victor Enthusiast also came in a plain cardboard box.

So, Mike was probably just using whatever boxes he had available at the time. I was luckier in the candela rating and the box the second time around.

Scoops

Newly Enlightened
I for one love mine, If I ever did even consider selling it, It would have to be a year or two from now after I have had my fun with it and the value has gone up a few hundred dollars. That way I can get paid to play with it for a while as the value goes up and I actually make a few bucks in the process. It's going to be impossible to every out throw this bad boy especially with the patent situation being what it is.

stingray3

Enlightened
I just received my (second) Rev-Victor Enthusiast. The performance was well above the 1300 kcd average, at 1360 kcd. This, and my first one, have an average performance of 1308 kcd.

Also, the second one was in a nice aluminum box identical to the one for my first DEFT-X.

Thanks Mike!

Now all I need is the DEFT-edc-X Enthusiast, which I'm sure will arrive relatively soon. Mike is a perfectionist, so waiting is worth it.

CONGRATS........What a nice haul! :)

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it's time to sell then? Haha. Mines also did not come with a thumb indent.

I may very well end up selling.

I don't care for Acebeam lights. I know the light was a donor and that what Michael modified made it a better that the whole of parts. The magnetic control ring doesn't do anything for me. I would have rather Michael used something like the K50, a four cell version instead of three. It's got the same body as my Vinh K40vnM.

The K40vnM is the least used light I own. I guess it's soon to have company unless I sell the Rev Victor.

I purchase batteries by the dozen. Most of my lights are four or eight cell versions. Having the left over battery throws me off for both use and charging.

Hopefully once the weather warms, up I'll use the light a little more.

Owning Fire-Foxes FF4's, Hellfighters, NightHunter One's and Maxa Beams raises the bar for the Rev Victor. They're not in the same league, b ut they're what I have to compare to.

vinceca2000

Newly Enlightened
Received mine today as well. Haven't got a chance to play with it yet. Mine rated at 1317 Kcd. Very happy at that rating!

MaxBeam

Enlightened
Received mine today as well. Haven't got a chance to play with it yet. Mine rated at 1317 Kcd. Very happy at that rating!
Congratulations!

Does it heat up on high pretty fast?

I just tried mine, indoors with inside air being about 69 degrees. It does not heat up fast.

I left it on highest level for 8 minutes. For 1st 5 minutes it was tail standing on desk next to me and I hand tested every 30 seconds. After about 5 minutes it was very warm & starting to get hot, so I continued test while holding it with my hand centered on hottest part just behind the head. After holding it until the 8 minute mark I decided to step down one notch. I probably could have held 3 or 4 more minutes but I decided to baby the light.

So, we are now just past the 8 minute mark with light just having been turned down to 2nd highest level and still holding in hand. The temperature seemed to stop getting hotter almost immediately. I continued holding until the 12 minute mark and by that time the light had seemed to cool off a little.

I then turned it down one more notch to the 3rd highest level and let it tail stand on my desk from that point on. It continued to get cooler and by the 30 minute mark seemed to almost be at room temperature.

Batteries used were 3 matched protected button top Orbtronic 18650 3400 mAh.

Not scientific by any means, just my personal experience with my REV Victor Enthusiast.

Last edited:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow haven't been here in a very long time, the Deft-X got dethroned wow, 1.3 million CD that's awesome! But let me see if I read correctly, Wavien collars are a discontinued item?? So that's it then? No 1.6 million CD in REV #2 next year, no 2 million CD in Super Deft-REV in 2 years...it's over??

Last edited:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe for awhile. Newer technological innovations will eventually prevail.

Funny that the person who replied is called 'MaxBeam.' Speaking of technology innovations prevailing, when the hell is MaxaBeam gonna Trump there latest model?? The current MaxaBeam model must be a decade old by now. They did improve their battery technology I'll give them that (with the very impressive LifePO4), but it's been the same distance of throw forever!!

Last edited:

MaxBeam

Enlightened
Funny that the person who replied is called 'MaxBeam'...speaking of technology innovations prevailing, when the hell is MaxaBeam gonna Trump there latest model?? The current MaxaBeam model must be a decade old by now. They did improve their battery technology I'll give them that (with the very impressive LifePO4), but it's been the same distance of throw forever!!

I had never even heard of Maxabeam at the time I joined CPF and picked my user name. But it's kinda like your username.

Max = Beast
Beam = Flashlight

Last edited: