Review: Amilite Neo T3 (beamshots added 1-14-06)

Blindspot

Newly Enlightened
Hi - I switched my EDC from my Peak Caribbean to my T3. Though I like them both, I find the lanyard holder on the Caribbean tends to unscrew spontaneously, and I would hate to lose the thing due to the tailpiece falling out. Also, though the Caribbean is very bright for its size, the T3 seems a bit brighter regarding spill.

Your lanyards look great. I'm going to buy some of that cord and see if I can make something like that - can you point me to a good online resource for that cord?

hyperslug

Newly Enlightened
Beamshot comparison for Mcr20 vs Stock reflector. Shots taken on white wall at ~1.0m. 1/50, 1/100, 1/200, 1/400, 1/800, 1/1250.

Click picture for larger image.

The stock reflector is segmented between a central hotspot, a not as quite hotspot surrounding that, and a nice spill beam. The Mcr20 moves from a small hotspot smoothly out to spill. I can see no appreciable difference in throw in real world use.

That said, is there any other reflector out there that could turn this thing into a throw monster? I'd take a dimmer spill as long as I could reach farther.

NextLight

Enlightened
My T3 came on while in "deep cover" carry tonight. Worse, it was loaded with a hot charged unprotected Li-Ion (not reccomended or approved, but I do it anyway)

I don't know how long it was on, but I got 1st degree-plus burns on my thumb and forefinger when I pulled it out. I am guessing it was over 80 degrees C. My butt was protected by my underwear and the Lycra & spandex carrier, so it is just a little pink and sore in the area. (More than you want to know, I expect.)

Voltage on the cell had dropped from ~4.2V rested to 3.7V rested, so guessing again, ~15 minutes of run time. Light and cell both apparently unharmed.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
same here, my T3 always turns on while in my pocket, it has already happened 2 or 3 times..... what the heck?!

-David

PGP

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I have had that happen also after I first got it! Nothing like wasting a battery to light up and warm your pocket. Now I always make sure I give it atleast 1/2 a turn when I put it back in my pocket and have not had a problem since.

Patrick

clipse

Enlightened
On mine I used some militec grease on the oring and the threads. It made the twisting the had a bit more difficult but much much more smooth. I have had no problems with it turning on and I carry it in my pocked everyday all day.

clipse

onthebeam

Enlightened
Lite said:
How does the T3 handle? Can you get a decent grip on it?
Handles well. Twists easily. Grips easily for my hands. It's a fairly large head that flares out from the body. Nice package.

Lite

Newly Enlightened
onthebeam said:
Handles well. Twists easily. Grips easily for my hands. It's a fairly large head that flares out from the body. Nice package.
That's great to hear. I have one on order from Lighthound - hope to see it by the end of this week.