Review of the Thrunite Ti with Firefly mode 0.04 / 60 Lm

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one on order,with luck should hit the doormat before Chrimbo.Will give it a go as an edc for a month or so.2 mode should suit me,high level for work and the low level at night for the bathroom visits.

Must admit I prefer the AAA format and the un regulation does not bother me on a 1.5v light,by nature I just charge the Eneloop each Friday after work,ready for Monday then.

snakyjake

Enlightened
This light is now my EDC pocket light. Plenty of brightness and runtime. Can easily twist and operate in my hand. Can also hold in my mouth when I need two hands free. My only complaint is that it doesn't easily tailstand.

My favorite part is it twists off-low-high. You don't have to wist on-off to switch modes.

jomox

Newly Enlightened
Really great light for the money, plenty of brightness, beats out quite a few more expensive lights for the light it omits. I have the 3 lumen version, handy in a number of situations. T10 is also good value, got one of these the other day.

Brought a load of Ti's for Christmas presents also ,being so cheap and of good quality they are a good present for anyone. (On top of the color choices for variety)

JJohn

Enlightened
Am I the only one that had a problem with this light? I loved the interface and levels but after just a few months use (some of it hiking or jogging) I found I had a one mode light. The little metal tab in the head fatigued and failed. I could bend it back into place only to have it fail in the next few days. Great light and it was one of my favorites. I would love it, if it didn't fail for me. I bought two just hoping the first one was a fluke. Maybe it was the bouncing around while on that makes it have a problem in my application.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I the only one that had a problem with this light? I loved the interface and levels but after just a few months use (some of it hiking or jogging) I found I had a one mode light. The little metal tab in the head fatigued and failed. I could bend it back into place only to have it fail in the next few days. Great light and it was one of my favorites. I would love it, if it didn't fail for me. I bought two just hoping the first one was a fluke. Maybe it was the bouncing around while on that makes it have a problem in my application.

I've not had it fail, but was slightly concerned about this. If the tab was made of thinner, but proper spring steel (operating within its normal range), I think it would last better, but I get the impression that the existing design uses plain steel, and relies purely on the material's spring-back, which will reduce as it fatigues.