RIP Lighthound.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Could be something major and that occurred without warning...didn't even have a chance to hold a going-out-of-business sale.
Well, in retrospect there was this:
Now through July 29th Lighthound is having a Christmas in July special! Have you been thinking about a new flashlight? Or maybe you have had an eye on a new knife? Well, now is the time to buy! Starting today through the 29th when you use the below codes you will receive some amazing deals!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lighthound/493273720631

And today is the day after the 29th. Anybody happen to have a phone number for them and wouldn't mind inquiring ... ? I tried (713) 436-2609 but no answer.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Very sad news. I have placed many orders with them for paracord, batteries, hardware etc. over the years with them. Hope everything is ok with the folks in charge.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a tragedy.

I must have bought thousands of pounds of goods there over the years. Flashlights for me, flashlights for gifts, paracord, knives and multi-tools, clips, split rings and holsters. It was my one stop shop.

Anybody else remember when they would happily break up a Surefire if you only wanted a tailcap or body?

And their clearances and email subscriber specials were always a great bargain too.

I wish them well and hope that this was of their own doing.

AB8XL

Enlightened
This is a great loss, I too bought some of my very first Fenix lights from them and they always had the small replacement parts too.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too wish there was some "warning" they were closing shop.

I had been browsing while on vacation last week & went back to those tabs a few days ago & got the closed notice & was bummed!

Maybe they will reopen for a few days so we can help them clear out some final inventory.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I noticed they closed. I was not happy. They always had great service. They were my go to for aw batteries.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
What a shame, I still have a pair of Lighthound button-cell keychain lights, guess they're a part of history now.

Strange that no one has dropped by to at least give a brief parting explanation, it seems like this gone-overnight phenomenon is just a part of the flashlight hobby..

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Will miss Lighthound. Placed several orders with them. They always had AW's batteries.

Bill

Gunnerboy

Enlightened
Member jcciv was Mr. Lighthound. I have fond memories being a new member here, and John always replying with lightning-speed to my PM's or emails sent to Lighthound.com.

I ordered so much product over the years, especially paracord to build lanyards for all my lights. :candle:

Last edited:

bartko09

Enlightened
Check out RTDvapor.com. That's my go to for AW batteries. Randy was the lowest on the net long before our beloved lighthound went under

beaconterraone

Newly Enlightened
I had a bookmarked a couple of items earlier in the week, and just found the "closed" splash page when trying to check out the items again. :mecry:

Phil828

Newly Enlightened
Lighthound was a good company to do business with. I wish I had known their Christmas in July sale was actually a Going out of Business sale. I bought an LD50 for 20% off (I had been waiting for someone to have a sale). Unfortunately the light is defective so what do I do now?

beaconterraone

Newly Enlightened
Lighthound was a good company to do business with. I wish I had known their Christmas in July sale was actually a Going out of Business sale. I bought an LD50 for 20% off (I had been waiting for someone to have a sale). Unfortunately the light is defective so what do I do now?

Call or email them, and let them know. Give them a few days to respond. If no response, you'll have little choice but to do one of two things:

1) chargeback the credit card charge;

or

2) send it to Fenix, incurring additional costs on your part for a DOA product.

I hope it's not a health issue, but it's not unreasonable to expect those who own the assets of Lighthound not to take care of you in this case.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The likelihood of response depends on the reason for the closure. If this was a business reason, then the people are still there waiting to take care of problems. But if it was personal reasons, they likely are not still there and won't be able to respond. The fact that they had the sale says that it was foreseeable but the incompleteness and perhaps suddenness of the sale suggests they didn't have control of their remaining time.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darn.

one of my favourite flashlight dealers.
I still have the Novatac i bought from them (my first order, and i was amazed at the shipping time, ordered wed night, landed on my doorstep monday morning, half a world away - stuff takes longer than that to get here from the other side of the country)

they will be missed, i hope all is well with the staff.