RIP Lighthound.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
The likelihood of response depends on the reason for the closure. If this was a business reason, then the people are still there waiting to take care of problems. But if it was personal reasons, they likely are not still there and won't be able to respond. The fact that they had the sale says that it was foreseeable but the incompleteness and perhaps suddenness of the sale suggests they didn't have control of their remaining time.

No message of any kind, even on social media, is pretty weird. I wonder if it was a financial thing and they had all their assets seized. I used to work for a retailer that would sometimes buy inventory after companies were seized. The banks would just shut them down with all their inventory and equipment still there. One day they were open, the next day closed and they usually weren't allowed to do any "Going out of Business" sales or anything like that. Liquidators or auctioneers would come in after the banks took control to get rid of inventory and equipment.

Total speculation, of course. I hope that didn't happen to them, because they were a good company. I ordered from Lighthound quite a few times before starting Going Gear, and still a few times after. I wonder what happened to those guys...

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
That's the thing, they had the time to put through a sale and it was arranged at the exact end a month. This kind of structure suggests a certain amount of planning (and minimum outside interference). If I needed to speculate, I would say the primary had a personal/health issue, a secondary stepped up but couldn't keep going indefinitely and without either of them, LH could not continue. If so, 'did their best' certainly applies.

The best we can do without actual information is give them the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

Phil828

Newly Enlightened
After not hearing back from Lighthound I contacted Fenix who redirected me to Fenix Outfitters. They have responded to the problem so I have shipped the light to them. I am confident they will make everything right.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry to see lighthound go. they are also listed as my favorite dealer.
wished that i had caught their "christmas sale in july" email earlier. i dont really buy lights anymore, but they had lots of great accessories.

i hope the folks of lighthound are doing well, and they will be missed.

sinner-cpf

Newly Enlightened
I used to buy most of my flashlights stuff and aw batteries from them, i also have the coin cell light from them even after three years i still use it daily alongside with my nitecore tube.. they were always very courteous, I wish them good luck.

I still have a free coin-cell light from them clipped to a mounting point in my briefcase.
Probably have a second one from them somewhere around here as well. :candle:

Up All Night

Enlightened
I won't speculate, hope everything works out well for those who were involved at "The Hound". Always good service for me and Kaysie was always great to deal with.

Thank You Lighthound!
You will be missed!! :candle:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Oh! Late to the news. Very sad news indeed. Lighthound.com was one of the best online shops on the web., period!

Ordered multiple times from the Hound. Only had one issue, and that one was fixed with a quick e-mail.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
All of my Solarforce host/flashlights are bought from them. Sad to see them go and they will be missed.

I just found this today, very sad. They were one of my original vendors. I bought a lot of lights and batteries from them, Maxpedition stuff, and their clips and rings for lanyards. Luckily I still have quite a few of their little Mg split rings.

I've probably got a dozen of their keychain lights around. I'm really interested in what happened. I hope they didn't auction everything off, I'll bet they could have liquidated if they'd told us what was going on :thinking:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday, I was chargig lions in single cell stanby lights. I picked up one labelled with the Lighthound brand. I was sad. :(

subrosa

Newly Enlightened
Darn, as a long time lurker, these guys answered all my silly questions about hosts and even offered to show me around the shop. I wish I had taken them up on the offer.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm literally sitting here with my mouth hanging open, just browsing to their site to see what's new as I often do at the keyboard, saw the message then got on CPF and found this thread. They were my go-to site for light gear. Always first rate customer service, selection, and prices. Wow. Just... wow. I do feel like I've lost a friend, a friend who knew what I needed and was always there.

*moment of silence*

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm literally sitting here with my mouth hanging open, just browsing to their site to see what's new as I often do at the keyboard, saw the message then got on CPF and found this thread. They were my go-to site for light gear. Always first rate customer service, selection, and prices. Wow. Just... wow. I do feel like I've lost a friend, a friend who knew what I needed and was always there.

*moment of silence*

Agreed. I have yet to delete the book mark. I check it every now and then, hoping to see "Grand Reopening", or "July Fools" or the like.

I think we should set a date & time for a Dimming of the Lights in memory of Lighthound! All CFP Lighthound fans can assemble world wide and mourn our loss.

:buddies:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took it for granted that Lighthound would always be around for my Solarforce and other accessories needs.

You know? It just might be that the owners of Light Hound won the lottery, or received a big inheritance. For all we know, they just might be celebrating in Hawaii or other exotic places unknown. :party:

Sure we've suffered a loss, but maybe we should be celebrating their new found riches. We can always hope.

Its like Ron White says, "People who win the lottery always say, "I'm not going to quit my job." "Not me. If my wife walked in right now and told me I'd won the lottery, I'd walk off this stage in the middle of this joke."

~ Chance

Last edited:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tried to order some stuff from lighthound... :( I literally yelled outloud when I saw the white screen saying they are closed.

I have bought TONS of stuff from them ever since I got into this hobby in 2004. Lighthound was my biggest go-to dealer.

Rest in Peace, my friend... :candle:

Latest posts