• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

S1 Baton COPPER

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Fingerprints yes, scratches, no way.

I don´t own any Titanium lights, so that was more a guess from my side that the satin would be more resistant to scratches. The polished Ti version is imo the more good looking one, so i think i will go for either that one or the polished rose gold copper version.

Where are you finding three different models? I've only seen two.

First i thought the same, but then i saw the third version at Goinggears site. However, i think that the polished rose gold copper version looks good!

I hope that one can find the copper versions at Ebay soon.

A.O.

Newly Enlightened
I don´t own any Titanium lights, so that was more a guess from my side that the satin would be more resistant to scratches. The polished Ti version is imo the more good looking one, so i think i will go for either that one or the polished rose gold copper version.
I have a titanium S10 that I've had in my pocket every day for 2 years now.. looks almost as good as the day it came out of the box!!

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a titanium S10 that I've had in my pocket every day for 2 years now.. looks almost as good as the day it came out of the box!!
He was inquiring about the finish. Was yours the bead blasted or polished? Pics?

turkeylord

Enlightened
Here's a screenshot of GoingGear if you haven't checked it out yet.

wTnYrMu.png

A.O.

Newly Enlightened
He was inquiring about the finish. Was yours the bead blasted or polished? Pics?

Mine is the polished finish, got it for Christmas 2 years ago, been in my pocket ever since. I use it a lot, working in dark places, hunting, crawling around attics and such. I dont baby it at all. These are pics from right now... pulled it out of my pocket, set it on the table and took these. Yeah, there are some marks and if a person cared they most surely would polish out I think.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is the polished finish, got it for Christmas 2 years ago, been in my pocket ever since. I use it a lot, working in dark places, hunting, crawling around attics and such. I dont baby it at all. These are pics from right now... pulled it out of my pocket, set it on the table and took these. Yeah, there are some marks and if a person cared they most surely would polish out I think.

Figured the polished would look OK. That bead blasted would not be so kind.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
i like how it seemed like there were two camps. raw with silver bezel or polished with blue bezel. now the exact opposite is being offered. you can lead a horse to water...

NorthernStar

Enlightened

Yes, that was what i was inquiring about.

Thanks for the pics. This polished version looks good to me imo. It´s not scratched up bad after been carried for two years.

SoundWorx

Newly Enlightened
I really want that light because it seems like it would be a limited run. Would be my luck to settle on the cool white then they release a neutral later.

gkbain

Newly Enlightened
Got my s1 copper raw today. Tiny heavy light. The battery goes in backwards. + toward tailcap. I am a warm white guy but I got the cw version as it was the only one available. The color is a little different than my other cw lights. Not warm but not quite as bright white. Could be the lens, just guessing. The number on the tailcap is 0121 so out of 5k it is an early production. UI is a little different from the s10 but similar. Time will tell how I like it but I will use it just to get the copper to age quicker. Another light that I didn't need but just had to have it.

Buck50

Newly Enlightened
I ordered one 12/3 from Battery Junction. This will be my first quality flashlight. I'm really looking forward to this, however I received a reply today that my order has been back ordered until 12/29. Oh well, just need to wait it out.

weklund

Enlightened
Received my RAW S1 yesterday. Super nice build.

I think I am going to do an egg patina on this beauty.

I am very pleased.

Many Thanks to Going Gear.

Olight S1 CU Raw next to S1 CU Rose Gold.

OS11_Small.jpg

OS12_Small.jpg

OS13_Small.jpg

OS14_Small.jpg

OS15_Small.jpg

OS16_Small.jpg

CU S1 Raw after 8 hour hard boiled egg patina process.

OS17_Small.jpg

OS18_Small.jpg

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Nice pics, Weklund!

I have some questions for you since you own both lights. How is the UI on these S1 copper lights? Do they memorize turbo mode, but not moonlight mode? :thinking:

LightMagic

Newly Enlightened
I want to buy S1 and plan on attaching it to keychain. Can you show me how it looks attached keychain with keys? And how piratical is S1 as keychain light?