Sad news for Eneloop lovers... Eneloop is ending a tradition in April 2013

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
I'm not liking the new layout...perhaps i should stockpile it sometime this month.

rumack

Enlightened
While I don't really care what the exterior looks like, the fact that Panasonic is messing with it at all makes the paranoid part of me concerned that they will lower the quality is search of greater profits. Hopefully Panasonic just wants to get their name associated with an excellent battery technology. Final verdict - I wish they had kept the "eneloop" name because it is easier to distinguish them as "eneloops" rather than "those Panasonic NiMH batteries with the characteristics of <blah, blah, blah>".

@Swede74 - I love "Wannaloops"! :crackup:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
The packaging in the first post clearly depicts the same Eneloop branding, just a different word, Panasonic, above it.

lowks

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for my ignorance but did panasonic buy Sanyo or Eneloop ?

sbbsga

Enlightened
I am fine with this. It is still far better than Panasonic stopping the development and production altogether.

RCM

Enlightened
Don't forget Hybriloops and Appleloops! I still have some 1st gen AAA Duraloops (Exposed vents) they're still kickin' around and showing no signs of aging! (Not sure on the date code 01-02-UL) but they go past their rated capacity on every charge..usually 850 or so.

TranceAddict

Newly Enlightened
Grab the Disney limited editions fast before the packaging turns ugly

http://panasonic.net/energy/eneloop/jp/lineup/disney/

disney_img16.jpg

disney_img02.jpg

disney_img01.jpg