• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired <<SALE>> ELEPHANT II by FiveMega

rolltide

Newly Enlightened
As long as your voltage remains over 24V, the Judco 10 amp switch should work, but you have to mount it yourself, which I understand is a real pain. I believe AW's switch (linked in the first post of this thread) is rated at least 10 amps, so it should also work as long as the voltage is high enough.

Last edited:

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
not sure if this is the correct thread to ask...please move it if this is a problem.

I plan on purchasing an elephant hopefully in green:rolleyes: What are some of the best configs for long run times for over an hour? I have a bunch of the 5761 running on two c....thinking brighter along with longer run times....what are your guys plans?

cnjl3

Enlightened
Wow! I received my red "elle" body today. It matches my red FM3" head I previously bought perfectly. I was just about to ask you if you forgot to include a smaller metal rod for when I use (4) 18650's but then I noticed that the rod is actually in "two pieces." What a great solution to change from 4 to 8 cells. I do have a question for you. I am able to screw my FM3" head down easily to the O-ring but it stops just above the O-ring. Do I "force" it down further, since you state that the "elle" body will take all of your heads? It is really tight and I just want some guidance from you, before I take the next step. Thank you for a great product & Thank you for your time.

EDIT: I guess :stupid:. I went ahead and screwed the head past the O-ring and now everything is A-OK! It is a "tight" fit but it works and it seems to be getting smoother.

Last edited:

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal: for:

1 Extra complete battery holder (4x18650 and 8x18650) with charging jack 1 Battery holder addition (extra center rod and spacer to use 12x18650)

Thanks,
Tanasit

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
12x A123 18650 = Osram 64663 (might be OK on 13 with a softstarter)

:thumbsup:

Id be more concerned about the amp draw. What is the amp draw of the 64663? Li-Ion's can handle double their capacity (2C) current draw. for instance a 2200mah 18650 could handle 4.4a of current draw on the edge. And would likely trip the protection circut.

Shane

Scarbear

Newly Enlightened
Id be more concerned about the amp draw. What is the amp draw of the 64663? Li-Ion's can handle double their capacity (2C) current draw. for instance a 2200mah 18650 could handle 4.4a of current draw on the edge. And would likely trip the protection circut.

Shane

the A123 cells can handle much more currant draw cause it's different chemistry than "normal" Li-Ion's. the new 18650 A123 cells are build for 18C!!!!

regards Olaf

rolltide

Newly Enlightened
It depends on the layout of the terminal contacts, but I have been able to convert any of FM's previous holders between a serial and/or parallel setup...so I'm pretty sure of being able to make a 12s into 6s2p, but 4s3p may be more challenging...but in 2 holders could do 8s, 4s2p, or 1 holder 4s or 2s2p

Hey Lux,
Could you snap some pics of your converted FM holders so some of us novices can see how you did it?

Thanks

chuck614

Newly Enlightened
FM-
Got my Ellie 2 this morning in the mail, and it is LOVELY!! I'm not sure how I want to build it up, but when I do, I'll be sure to post pix and beam shots. Thanks for fast shipping, too.
chuck614 :grin2:

GLOCK18

Enlightened
Received my light today, all I can say is :wow: pictures don't do it justice, this thing is insane, the machine work on this an A++ I can't image how long it took to machine worth every penny.

rolltide

Newly Enlightened
I got mine today also. Very nice. I was hoping to be able to use my Modamag holder for S/P in this as well as the FM holder for all series, but the Modamag holder is too long and too big around. I will just have to mod a FM holder for parallel. The light and battery holder in 16X configuration and everything is top notch.
GREAT WORK FM !!!!!!!!!!!:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs

Here are a couple of pics of my 16X beast.

Gonna havta get a real camera someday.

eleIIa.jpg

eleIIb.jpg

Last edited:

kansasfarmer

Newly Enlightened
Got mine on tuesday, I need more bulbs. By the way twist the tail spring a few times if you are not getting a complete circuit. My protected cells were 67.3mm long not aw's tail cap would not close. I took the brass spacer off of the positive side that let it close. I feel ashamed my elle II is a ROP HI at the moment I converted the battery holder ends to 4p,---2S, 3S 4S. The small filament makes for a long throwing beam better than my 6d rop with 2.5 throwmaster, and it is misting now.

What is the #2 phillips in the tail cap for? Is there suposed to be a washer

Last edited:

rolltide

Newly Enlightened
Kansasfarmer,
Can you send pics of your converted battery holder ends so we can see how you did it?

Thanks

kansasfarmer

Newly Enlightened
I will take some picks tonight. I might also do a 2p 2s mod as well.

Where should I post the picks, this thread or somewhere else?

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I'll post some images and details of this shortly, but I'm almost sure the Phillips screw is to plug a drill centering hole that could be made to insert charging plug from outside. FM may also be a mounting post for doing a lower resistance "spring fix" mod.

I don't want to mod my battery holder at this time, but with Paintshop, this is what you would do. Just need an extra contact strip cut out of brass or copper to make new bridge contact....which needs a secure contact (i.e. solder) between strips in bottom position #1. Also make sure strip has correct height and contact between bottom positions 3 & 4, or you could screw a brass flathead screw at bottom position #4 -- through plastic and also making contact with aluminum bottom, and Dremel down to same flat height as existing bottom contact in position #3.

(Note: I got FiveMega's permission in PM before posting information/images....and this info should help increase his sales)

Edit: I started composing this before dinner, and see FM posted above.

Last edited:

Latest posts