• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SALE: JM-PhD-D1 PWM Hotwire Regulator BATCH 2

jaundice

Enlightened
I'll take 4 of these regulators, as per email. I'll figure out what configuration I'd like, and get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

-John

gVp

Newly Enlightened
I'll take two units:

#1 & #2
Operation Mode: Multi-Level
Vbulb: 6.0V
Vlow: 6.0V
Level-1: 50%
Level-2: 100%
SoftRamp: Yes
Softstart: Med
Low Volt Warning: Dimming
Low volt shutdown: Undervolt: 95%
Over Temp trigger: 70C
Over Temp Shutdown: Yes, 10 seconds:
Response: 1/8 second

Total: $80 + $7 shipping First Class Mail International to Russian Federation

please PM your PP account and I'll transfer money ASAP.

thank you!

gVp

Newly Enlightened
OK, done: Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 35059843CC4300644)

thank you.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lux's tests showed that the 1909 flashed at 13.0V. This is with a manual turn of the voltage knob for a bench power supply, essentially the ultimate soft start. Thus, I'd say that the absolute ragged edge is at Vbulb=12.8V. It is unclear, however, if the bulb will survive even with the Slow soft start setting on the JM-PHD-D1 regulator. If you want some reasonable probability that the bulb will survive, I'd try 12.0V and work upward to 12.8V. All with Slow soft start. When the lamp flashes, back off by a couple of tenths of a volt back to where the lamp didn't flash. That's probably your max setting.

I'm running my 1909 at 11.8V, with Medium soft start.

Thanks, Justin Case. 12.99v it is! ;)

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess is that you are wasting your time and money at 12.99V. You probably will flash just about 100% of your expensive FM1909 lamps at 12.99V. Even trying to twiddle the Vbulb trim pot to hit exactly 12.99V will be a bit of a hassle. If you look at Lux's estimated lumens outputs for various Vbulb values, IMO there is little reason to go above 12.0V. It is highly doubtful that you will notice any difference.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Secondtimearound your regulators have shipped via Priority Mail
gVp, yours have shipped via First Class Mail international. I'll PM you the Customs code.

nighttrails

Newly Enlightened
Are kiu sockets or something else that would work with these available anyplace? A quick search didn't come up with any.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
"KIU" kits? If so, I didn't till this past week .

BTW, regulators received. They look GREAT ! Man these dudes rock ! YOU rock

Thanks so very much.

Doug
Actually I meant the regulators. I thought they'd be selling like hotcakes. Oh well. I still have plenty. Come and get 'em, lads.

Hoop

Enlightened
So if I want to turn a single mode regulator into a multi mode regulator later on, I just edit and recompile the source code right? I assume there are annotation notes in the code to make this pretty easy? I don't see it documented, is why I ask.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
So if I want to turn a single mode regulator into a multi mode regulator later on, I just edit and recompile the source code right? I assume there are annotation notes in the code to make this pretty easy? I don't see it documented, is why I ask.
Yes, it's annotated in the code. It's pretty straight forward.

Hoop

Enlightened
It is not mentioned what "response" is. Is this the time the driver takes to respond to a momentary input? Or is it how long you have to hold down the momentary button for the driver to perform the function?

Edit: after re-reading everything I have inferred that response is the amount of time it takes the driver to move in and out of Vlow, for battery recovery and such.

"Pot 2 (Vlow): Adjusts low voltage set point. (Clockwise increases) When the low voltage set point is reached (by falling pack voltage) and maintained for 0.125 to 0.5 seconds (configurable by the user), the output will be reduced and ramped up and down between 2 lower percentages of the set output voltage. It will pulse. If the batteries recover, the regulator will ramp voltage back up to the set point."

Also, what level does vlow dimming dim to? What levels does pulsing pulse between and what is the pulse interval? In dimming mode is the battery expected to recover such that it will effectively pulse but at a wide interval?

Last edited:

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is not mentioned what "response" is. Is this the time the driver takes to respond to a momentary input? Or is it how long you have to hold down the momentary button for the driver to perform the function?

Edit: after re-reading everything I have inferred that response is the amount of time it takes the driver to move in and out of Vlow, for battery recovery and such.

"Pot 2 (Vlow): Adjusts low voltage set point. (Clockwise increases) When the low voltage set point is reached (by falling pack voltage) and maintained for 0.125 to 0.5 seconds (configurable by the user), the output will be reduced and ramped up and down between 2 lower percentages of the set output voltage. It will pulse. If the batteries recover, the regulator will ramp voltage back up to the set point."
The word "response" doesn't appear in the code. However, from what you're describing. This is what you're looking for from the code.
/* This is the number of consecutive times a voltage event must happen to trigger an action
such as enable the low voltage mode or over temp mode
*/
// 244Hz mode
// 122 counts = 0.5 seconds
// 61 counts = 0.25 seconds. (Default)
// 30 counts = 0.125 seconds
#define VCOUNTS 30

Also, what level does vlow dimming dim to? What levels does pulsing pulse between and what is the pulse interval? In dimming mode is the battery expected to recover such that it will effectively pulse but at a wide interval?
From the code:
/* Set divisors to change regulation voltage based on Over Temp or Low Voltage condition.
*/
// 0 = 100% of Vbulb setting
// 1 = 71%
// 2 = 50%
// 3 = 35%
// 4 = 25%
#define OVERTEMPPCT 3 // Set the new Vbulb during Mode 3, Over Temp. Default=3
#define PULSEHI 1 // Set the Upper voltage as a percent of the Set Vbulb. Default=1
#define PULSELOW 2 // Set the Lower voltage as a percent of the Set Vbulb. Default=2
#define VLOWDIM 2 // Set the voltage for Dimming Vlow Warning. Default=2

Yes, in Dimming mode the battery could recover and set up a pulsing/flashing type of condition. This is exactly what was happening with the X1. I created a "VLOW Latch" option. Once Vlow is set, battery recovery won't unset it. The regulator has to be turned off/on.

Last edited:

Hoop

Enlightened
I'll take three drivers:

Operation Mode: Standard
Vbulb: 16.0V
Vlow: 22.0V
Softstart: Slow
Low Volt Warning: Dim
Low volt shutdown: Undervolt: 96%
Over Temp trigger: 70C
Over Temp Shutdown: Yes, 10 seconds: