• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sales Thread for the Black Edition PhD-M6 custom battery pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

wquiles

Flashaholic
hron61 and Tempest UK - I got the PhD-M6 driver boards ready, but I need additional standoffs (for the black top) which were ordered last week but that have not arrived yet. I expect to have them no later than Thu/Fri. I will keep you both posted :)

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
hron61 and Tempest UK - I got the PhD-M6 driver boards ready, but I need additional standoffs (for the black top) which were ordered last week but that have not arrived yet. I expect to have them no later than Thu/Fri. I will keep you both posted :)

roger that.
thanks for the update.

wquiles

Flashaholic
The standoffs did not arrive today :mecry:

And so that you know what are these pesky parts, here is a photo. The new Black pack calls for the shorter ones on the left, and the old pack used the longer ones on the right:
DSCF3265.JPG

What is the problem? The latest batch of small standoffs (left on the photo above) seems to have a defect in that they are a little bit weaker than the first batch. This is not a problem we had at all with the longer standoffs used in the white packs which came from a different supplier, so clearly it is just a manufacturing defect on this batch/supplier of parts.

Luckily I do a lot of testing on all new parts, and I found the problem early. Not all of the parts have the defect, but last week I decided to stop using them and work with Eric to order new ones. The new ones are the same size as the short ones, but instead of trying a new batch of Aluminum inserts from the same source/vendor and take a risk again, the new ones are made of steel, so although they are more expensive, they are also much stronger. Eric and I simply don't want to take any chances.

Unfortunately with the long weekend/holiday the new parts are taking a little bit longer than Eric and I anticipated. So again my apologies for the extra waiting time. I will continue to keep you posted and give you a heads-up as soon as the new short steel standoffs arrive.

Will

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
will,
i think i speak for the other guys too, we would rather have a top notch product then a hurried one where qc is bad and the product fails down the road. we understand, take what ever time you need to. we apreciate your concern for a quality product. :D

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened
will,
i think i speak for the other guys too, we would rather have a top notch product then a hurried one where qc is bad and the product fails down the road. we understand, take what ever time you need to. we apreciate your concern for a quality product. :D

Absolutely. Take your time, Will. I only bought my M6 last night and won't have it for at least a week.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
my second m6 just arrived so ill take another please.
ill take #5 with...custom values

C5
Level 1 = 6.8Vrms
Level 2 = 7.5Vrms
Level 3 = 9.2Vrms
Level 4 = 10.8Vrms

:paypal:for $195.00 +$5.00 = $200.00

thanks. :thumbsup:

wquiles

Flashaholic
my second m6 just arrived so ill take another please.
ill take #5 with...custom values

C5
Level 1 = 6.8Vrms
Level 2 = 7.5Vrms
Level 3 = 9.2Vrms
Level 4 = 10.8Vrms

:paypal:for $195.00 +$5.00 = $200.00

thanks. :thumbsup:

Payment received - thanks much. List on post #2 updated.

The standoffs did not arrive on Sat, so Eric and I are going to work with UPS tomorrow (Mon) to try to find out where the package is, and why it is running late. As soon as we know more tomorrow I will let you and everybody else know.

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic
Another update guys ...

We are still going to try and find/locate the package with the large number of standoffs that is somehow MIA (missing in action!), but to make sure I can get your paid packs completed and shipped "for sure" I went ahead and just placed a new order with McMaster-Carr for enough standoffs for these packs and paid extra for next-day (overnight) delivery, so basically this order (parts show in stock) leaves tomorrow Mon and will arrive on Tuesday for sure :party:

I will keep with updates as I get new/updated information. Once again my apologies for these unforeseen delays :shakehead

wquiles

Flashaholic
ALLRIGHT !!!

The overnight parts from McMaster arrived as promised :D

I will be updating the thread again later today with the finished packs :devil:

DSCF3331.JPG

DSCF3332.JPG

Will

donn_

Flashaholic
McMaster-Carr isn't the cheapest supply house around, but their inventory is incredible and their service is unmatched. Because they are so close to me, if I order today, I'm delivered tomorrow..UPS ground.

My office, workbenches and storage cupboards and cabinets are filled with their baggies.

wquiles

Flashaholic
By the way guys, I finished the 4 packs just now. I have to work on the documentation, serial numbers, and packaging, but I am first going to have some lunch. I will post pictures later today when I come back from shipping them.

Will

McMaster-Carr isn't the cheapest supply house around, but their inventory is incredible and their service is unmatched. Because they are so close to me, if I order today, I'm delivered tomorrow..UPS ground.

My office, workbenches and storage cupboards and cabinets are filled with their baggies.

+1

Very good service and selection, although sometimes pricey.

wquiles

Flashaholic
OK, some photos of today's work ...

Since each pack is unique, I keep very good records of everything. Before I go to the bench I have my work order, as shown here (the 4 assembled driver boards on top-left):
DSCF3333.JPG

Once a board has tested OK in taking to the programming station, I then do the initial assembly into a battery holder as shown here (new steel standoffs at bottom of first picture):
DSCF3334.JPG

DSCF3335.JPG

I then do my tests and calibration, and when everything checks out perfectly, I then test with real cells on a real M6 (with the MN21 bulb):
DSCF3336.JPG

After each pack has passed all tests, I note the owner and voltage set, so that I can later make sure I send the right pack to the right owner. That little blue label stays with each pack, and then on the outside of the actual shipping box until I can verify that the shipping label matches the intended owner:
DSCF3337.JPG

Here are all 4 packs ready for serial number, documentation, and packaging:
DSCF3338.JPG

I just came back from the post office - all 4 packs have now been shipped. Tempest UK since you paid extra for EMS, I just sent you an email with your international tracking #.

The "missing" package with the original standoffs has been found and it might arrive here in my house by end of this week - I am happy I decided to order a handful of parts from McMaster so that I would not delay your orders any longer :)

Still, I am not perfect. Although I have done this process many, many times, and created the serial numbers for each pack, updated my database, and made sure all shipping information was perfect, I did forget one thing: I created the small serial number label for each pack, but forgot to stick it to the top cover of each pack :( .

Since your packs have new steel standouts, that means that your packs start with A6. Then your respective packs have C7, S2, and C5 to denote the custom voltage settings. The last 4 digits of the serial number are just a plain number incremented by one for each pack. The serial number is printed in each of the user guides/handouts, so when you get your respective packs you will know/have your unique serial number. Sorry about forgetting to stick the label there guys.

Thanks to everyone for your awesome patience with the standoff problems - you guys are great!

When you get your packs, please do post here so that I know they arrived, and if you can, please post your impressions in the feedback thread.

Will

Last edited:

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, I shipped both of your PhD-M6 packs in a single small flat rate USPS box, so I refunded you $5 for the shipping in the second unit.

Will

great, thank you. its been a pleasure doing business with you.

and i must say, very cool process of asembling and testing you have going on. the pics and info were pretty fun to see, thanks. and i will update with info when received and played with. :wave:

wquiles

Flashaholic
great, thank you. its been a pleasure doing business with you.

and i must say, very cool process of asembling and testing you have going on. the pics and info were pretty fun to see, thanks. and i will update with info when received and played with. :wave:

You are welcome Ron :eek:

Since you are domestic, your package with your two PhD-M6 packs should arrive in just a few days :party:

Status
Not open for further replies.