Samsung 5000k HiCRI good news and bad news

JohnSmith

Enlightened
I see the HDS site says the SDR50 will take 6 weeks. Will it really take that long? What's up? Waiting on emitters?

Hogo said these emitters were off at a shop getting mounted or something similarly technical sounding. That was a few weeks ago so perhaps that 6 weeks is less now.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
We should be shipping these next week.
There was a non technical issue getting them mounted... the guy we have do it (he uses robotics for it) had a death in the family that then required him having to go and move another family member from Florida to New York. That's all over with now. By the time he got back, another person we use to assemble the heads was on vacation for a week and is also back now. Expecting them (Completed SDR50 heads) this week.

HDS is very very small.
There are basically 5 key people with HDS, and 4 of those run other businesses.

bluemantra

Newly Enlightened
Curious to know how much of a noticeable difference there is between a cri of 90 and 92?

Lithium466

Enlightened
Not much IRL, unless you start playing with paint, or big sets of say color pencils or something like that.
Also my color vision isn't probably the best, and it doesn't seem to get better with age!

flashlight nut

Enlightened
I ordered one of these for my father for Christmas. Upgrading his 170 Cn he has been carrying for many years. The email from Henry said it should ship out in 6 weeks. The delay in shipping has been resolved, correct?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The delay in shipping has been resolved, correct?

We just shipped a bunch out, but COVID issues have hit some of our vendors (Henry and I just flip the virus off and we are both so darn ornery it dies at the sight of us) so we are having some issues there but trying to get them resolved. Should be shipping them before the election fiasco is over at any rate.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the Samsung 5000K is totally good news. I found out this option is available at K&T. It seems sometimes it works annoying them with emails regarding new HDS LED options. When I saw the Samsung 5000K is available at K&T I ordered mine.
The Rotary arrived today. The beam and tint is totally ok to ne. The way the beam is very comparable to the 219C 3 o clock. The inner of the beam is a little bit warmer than the outer of the beam. But both beams are in the Colors in the inner and outer the same, but the Samsung is brighter, and the spot is larger. I like this LED...
Also the new Black Stainless Steel tailcap looks great. It is almost not noticable that is is not an Aluminium tailcap with black anodization...

And I also habe an idea.... How would it be to have a complete black Stainless Steel light? Would also ne cool :D

LuxTacGear

Newly Enlightened
I checked K&T website like a week ago and there was no SDR50 yet, so I ordered one directly at HDS, but now I'll have to wait patiently.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked K&T website like a week ago and there was no SDR50 yet, so I ordered one directly at HDS, but now I'll have to wait patiently.
I too ordered an SDR50 (Clicky) from HDS two weeks ago. Hopefully it will ship on time. [emoji28]

hakyru

Newly Enlightened
I also received my SDR50 from K&T 5 days ago
I am really satisfied with the LED color rendering and the beam
Excellent masterpiece :thumbsup:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn - missed that. Will have to keep an eye out for the restock!!!
I am quite sure mir of January they will ne available!

I am still hoping at some time they will also Stock the 2xAA tube. I tried it that much, but no luck until now. It also tooks a few pokes to get them the 18650 tube in Stock. Guess the 2xAA tube will be my project for 2021 if I survive the "big C"...