sanyo eneloops not precharged?

exodus125

Enlightened
NO LUCK...

Dear Esteban,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your Feedback concerns.

We provide the feedback system and discussion boards so members can
speak their mind freely without worrying about being censored. But we
can only do that if members are solely responsible for their comments.

Even if a member leaves feedback that is unfair, untruthful, or harmful
to a member's reputation, we can't remove it without a court order
describing it as libel, defamation, or saying that the comment is
illegal.

Fortunately, you're judged by your entire history of feedback, not just
one comment. We encourage you to leave a professional reply to this
member's comment that will be visible to the entire eBay community.
Generally, a calm, balanced comment will carry more weight than one that
seems negative or unfair.

To leave a reply:
1. Click the "Site Map" link located at the top of most eBay pages.
2. Click the "Reply to Feedback Received" link. You may be asked to sign
in.
3. Find the feedback left for you and select the "Reply" button.
4. Type in your reply and select the "Leave Reply" button.

Unfortunately, I can't remove the feedback comment you received because
it doesn't meet our requirements for removal. The feedback system is a
member-to-member system, and it's the place where members have the
chance to say what they think about a transaction.

We know that members occasionally receive feedback that they feel is
inaccurate, or just plain unfair. I understand how frustrating that can
be.

I recommend that you write a response to the feedback comment. It will
show up directly underneath the feedback you received. Remember that the
way you respond to comments you think are unfair or untrue can say a lot
about you, too. As long as you remain factual, calm, and professional,
your comment will probably seem much more credible than the feedback
that was left for you.

Here's how to post a reply:

1. Click the "Site Map" link at the top of most eBay pages.
2. Click the "Reply to Feedback Received" link. You may be asked to sign
in.
3. Find the feedback left for you and select the "Reply" button.
4. Type in your reply and select the "Leave Reply" button.

So I guess what they are saying is, I can buy something from you, receive the item, then leave a bad feedback for the heck of it and ebay nor you can do anything about it.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have never thought that NUTREAL was anything but i am ambivalent, errr it just IS, is nether good nor bad. UNTIL i got on e-bay :)

nobody is saying your sale was bad, it just Existed, and lots of people dont know and shouldnt have to know that on e-bay, you must confirm that everything is EXCELLENT and 5 Star :) or your dealer/seller gets points knocked off, screwed by the system, and falls into a raging fit, and beats themselves up about it for weeks after.
:grin2:

Last edited:

exodus125

Enlightened
yea i know. Its not so much the neutral feedback, because it actually doesn't count against you like negative feedback does. But the comment left of
"batteries were used" is not true. its Friday though and I'm going fishing tomorrow. I am over it.

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I guess what they are saying is, I can buy something from you, receive the item, then leave a bad feedback for the heck of it and ebay nor you can do anything about it.
Well, that's not entirely true -- you can do something about it. You can leave a response to the feedback explaining why that feedback was unreasonable.

exodus125

Enlightened
finally got a reply email from the buyer, He said he has tried the batteries on 3 different chargers and he cant take more than about 50 pictures with the batteries. HE said the batteries will hold a charge but drain fast. He said he bought some other eneloops from another seller and they work fine. Maybe they were just duds?

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast

You got it. You've seen the feeBay light from the sellers standpoint. Among other reasons, I quit selling on feeBay because sellers can no longer leave buyers negative FB, even worthless deadbeat bidders who don't follow through with a transaction. But a buyer can leave you any bad feedback he wants, for any reason, and all you can do is make a comment? F-ing A. A comment doesn't erase a neutral or negative FB. My brother still sells on feeBay, and from time to time tells me about someone who never contacted him, but left him neutral or negative FB for petty little nothings. For example, on one occassion someone left him bad feedback simply because the buyer felt his shipping cost was too high. Holy Moses, his shipping cost wasn't a secret before the buyer bid. If you think a shipping cost is to high, don't bid. Don't bid on it, win it, then leave a negative feedback as some sort of sick sweet revenge! With feeBays revised FB structure, buyers now have unreigned power of retaliatory and "blackmail" FB, while sellers can't so much as leave a negative FB for a deadbeat bidder so other sellers can be warned. So many other reasons I quit selling on feeBay, but most all of them can be narrowed down to increasingly ghestapo-like feeBay tactics that turn feeBay into a very unfriendly place for sellers.

Last edited:

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
finally got a reply email from the buyer, He said he has tried the batteries on 3 different chargers and he cant take more than about 50 pictures with the batteries. HE said the batteries will hold a charge but drain fast. He said he bought some other eneloops from another seller and they work fine. Maybe they were just duds?

Hmmm, four duds in one package of eight Eneloops? Any complaints from the buyer who bought the other four cells from that package?

Illum

Flashaholic
I was selling some eneloop batteries on ebay. I was selling them in sets of 4 from those sets of 8 packs.

I just found out a buyer left me neutral feedback because he said the aa's he received were not pre-charged. The batteries were new and I have sold several from other packs and from that same pack that those came in and had no problems. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this where the eneloops come with a very low charge or no charge at all.

Of course they charge them! but heres the thing...from production to consumption each battery may be stored in inventory upwards of a year or two...god forbid by then even the premium of LSD cells will have lost 20% or more of their charge.
Eneloops advertise cells as "precharged" but also recommend charging the cells prior to use...at least thats with the older packages:caution:

exodus125

Enlightened
The buyer seems like an ok guy. I told him he should have just contacted me before doing that. The language barrier is a little hard to get over. But whats done is done. I even offered him a refund for the batteries, there's nothing more I could do. He told me he wasnt trying to hurt me by leaving neutral feedback, so why doesnt he just remove it then?

I have sold and bought A LOT of things on ebay so I see in a way why ebay did what they did with the negative feedback from sellers. What happens is that sellers use to use negative feedback as leverage. Say I bought something from JOE, it was DOA on arrival. If I emailed him about it and he refused to repalce or refund, I could leave the negative feedback, but in return he could do as well. So all sellers were encouraged or forced to either not leave feedback or leave fake positive feedback jsut to avoid leaving receiving negative feedback.

What I think they should ahve done is forced sellers to leave feedback after payment, I emailed ebay about this many times and they never listened. Once a seller gets paid, the buyers part int he transaction is complete, so they should leave feedback. BEFORE the buyer leaves his. I had a stict personal policy about this, as soon as i got paid I would leave positive feedback, no matter what. I think thats how it should be. I guess so many buyers complained about this same thing that they ended up just not allowing sellers to leave negative feedback, which does not fix the problem.

As far as the other batteries, no one has complained about them, including myself. Although I don't use eneloops in cameras though, just flashlights.