SANYO XX 2500mAh eneloop AA

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SANYO ENELOOP HARMOLATTICE HR 3U25HM 2500mAh

Here in the Philippines, the Sanyo (Eneloop-powered) harmolattice 2500mAh ( I don't know if this is the same as the XX )
cost about $ 3.70usd

arjay

Newly Enlightened

^
I don't think they are the same. A 4 pack of XX sells for around P650 or about $14.5 here. I

can point you to the seller, just shoot me a PM.

budynabuick

Enlightened

;)

After three full discharges in Jetbeam PA40 and three charges in MQR-06 their performance great and I'm satisfied.

Cheers,

Tam

I use them in my pa40 also as they work great in the cold. I got two packs, discharged both, put one pack through the break in on c-9ooo the other pack i charged on the MH 401fs. I then dis- recharged the second pack and got back #"s in the high 2600"s. A couple hit 2690. The pack that had a break in came back in the 2500 range:thinking:. I load the XX"s in my pa40 and its like having 5+ of the 2000 eneloops on board. These are some very robust batts. I love them.

Keith

BVH

Flashaholic
I have about 180, 1500 Eneloops and I just bought 12 of the XX's specifically for my electric sox - yes, really, electric sox. I get very cold feet. Run time on low went from about 6 hrs to 8 hrs. With the 6 hr run time and my schedule, I had to change to a second set each day. With the XX's, one set a day. So in this case, it was worth the cost.

Interesting test results.

Device = electric sock - regulated draw on Lo and Hi

Eneloop.........................................................2000, 1500 cycles.....................2500, 500 cycles
3-cell pack hot off charger.......................................4.29......................................4.302
Sags to Voltage on Device Lo - 485 mAh draw.............4.20......................................3.975
Sags to Voltage on Device Hi - 675 mAh draw..............4.17......................................3.845

I had guessed that the XX would hold an initial higher Voltage since I had understood that they are as good as the originals under high Amp draw uses.

B-52

Newly Enlightened

Just picked up a 4 pack of these and figured I would test them out. LSD with higher capacity seems the best of both worlds on paper anyway. As far as having less charging cycles, my thinking is that if I charge them once per week I wouldn't use up the 300 cycles for almost 6 years. In reality I doubt I would be charging as frequently as once per week.

My Powerex MH-C9000 charger results

2407 mah
2422 mah
2406 mah
2390 mah

I first ran a discharge cycle, then used the "cycle" feature with a charge rate of 1000 ma and a discharge rate of 500 ma. I did not run a full break in cycle. The final charge cycle ran for about 315 minutes.

I just got 2 sets of eneloops 2500mAh XX's to use in my Uniden BCD 396xt i done just a charge @ 1200mA when i first inserted them and watched for a Bit they first showed 1.46 Volts then Dropped to 1.30 then started climbing back up they got a little on the warm side when as they reached Done). I'm going to let them set past the Done for about 2 to 3 then check the Results. I'll post it in a bit.. B-52

papershredder

Newly Enlightened

Just picked up a 4 pack of these and figured I would test them out. LSD with higher capacity seems the best of both worlds on paper anyway. As far as having less charging cycles, my thinking is that if I charge them once per week I wouldn't use up the 300 cycles for almost 6 years. In reality I doubt I would be charging as frequently as once per week.

My Powerex MH-C9000 charger results

2407 mah
2422 mah
2406 mah
2390 mah

I first ran a discharge cycle, then used the "cycle" feature with a charge rate of 1000 ma and a discharge rate of 500 ma. I did not run a full break in cycle. The final charge cycle ran for about 315 minutes.

This is consistent with what I'm getting on my C9000's refresh and analyze mode. I've yet to see these batteries reach or go over 2500 mah, including the break-in mode.

I wonder what they mean by 500 cycles? 500 cycles of perfect functionality and then they drop dead? 500 cycles before your typical consumer is dissatisfied with the capacity? 500 cycles before 80% of advertised capacity? of actual capacity? (2400 mah.)

Rosoku Chikara

Enlightened

Here are some numbers that may prove useful, or at least "interesting"?

Sanyo AA Eneloop Pros:

I have 4 that are rated at 2400 mAh, and measured out to be 2448 mAh on average.
I have 8 that are rated at 2450 mAh, and measured out to be 2431 mAh on average.

Panasonic AA Eneloop Pros:

I have 8 that are rated at 2450 mAh, and measured out to be 2464 mAh on average.

Sanyo AAA Eneloop Pros:

I have 27 that are rated at 900 mAh, and measured out to be 914 mAh on average.
[I "lost" one of these when I gave away my keychain light, on the condition that I get my Eneloop battery back. Still haven't seen it... :(]

Panasonic AAA Eneloop Pros

I have 20 that are rated at 900 mAh, and measured out to be 932 mAh on average.

The above cells were all purchased here in Japan, during the past 4-5 months. When they were brand new I conducted a "BREAK-IN," a "DISCHARGE," and a "REFRESH/ANALYZE" in sequence on a Maha C900 to determine their "actual" capacity. (The capacities from the final "REFRESH/ANALYZE" cycle are the numbers that I used in the above averages.)

Superficially, it looks like the new Panasonics may be slightly "better" than the Sanyos... (at least as far as Maha measured capacities go).

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic

Just like the first time, my XXs got pretty hot and held around 1.44v with no termination in sight during my last charge. They were on for nearly 4 hours at 700mA, so I pulled them off. I don't really like these and I'm probably just cooking their life away. No issues with the normal Eneloops.

celticexplorer

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the detailed and extensive information, although there is one thing I'm trying to resolve and can't find the right information' so.....I'm appealing to anyone who can answer my question, I have SANYO XX 2500mA and just recently purchased Panasonic Pro 2450mA, my question is, can I mix these batteries in the one device and more importantly can I mix these batteries in a charger, I'm using the Maha 8 cell 1A per cell charger

onthebeam

Enlightened
Thanks for the detailed and extensive information, although there is one thing I'm trying to resolve and can't find the right information' so.....I'm appealing to anyone who can answer my question, I have SANYO XX 2500mA and just recently purchased Panasonic Pro 2450mA, my question is, can I mix these batteries in the one device and more importantly can I mix these batteries in a charger, I'm using the Maha 8 cell 1A per cell charger

Yes, as long as a charger can charge each cell independently, ideally.As far as mixing in same device, all matching and don't mix is the ni-mh consencus.

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
In May 2014 I purchased two four packs of Eneloop XX cells from Dell.

These have been used on a regular basis for the last 2 years in Garmin handheld GPS devices.
The cells have probably seen about 60 cycles over the 2 years.

Over the last two weekends I discharged them and then performed a Break-in on my Maha C-9000 charger (cells are normally charged with a Maha C800S charger at 1A).

I was surprised to see that all 8 cells showed capacities in the low to mid 2300 mAh range. I was expecting them all to be above the 2400 mAh range.

Liber8

Newly Enlightened
In May 2014 I purchased two four packs of Eneloop XX cells from Dell.

These have been used on a regular basis for the last 2 years in Garmin handheld GPS devices.
The cells have probably seen about 60 cycles over the 2 years.

Over the last two weekends I discharged them and then performed a Break-in on my Maha C-9000 charger (cells are normally charged with a Maha C800S charger at 1A).

I was surprised to see that all 8 cells showed capacities in the low to mid 2300 mAh range. I was expecting them all to be above the 2400 mAh range.

Aren't these basically Eneloop Pros rated at 500 cycles under perfect laboratory conditions? I wonder if anyone has tested the cycles on these using real world conditions. If it's something like half, 250 cycles, then you would already be nearly a 1/4 a way into their lifespan, so to speak. I think that Li Engineer guy posted a review on Amazon about Eneloop pros and how they are not worth it. Something about after only 200 or so cycles they would be worse than regular Eneloops after 200 cycles. And that was assuming the 500 cycles relates to real world use which would be highly optimistic.