Security officers

spacetroll

Newly Enlightened
What do you carry? While I am commisioned (armed) I carry my MagCharger for use as a thumper if needed and a Fenix L2P backup and I am considering that Lowes Task force as a high lumen LED Backup.

m16a

Enlightened
What is your price range? Are you willing to buy online? What size do you want your light to be? Multi modes? Brightness wanted? The TF cree is a decent light, but there are many other better options.

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
I work Security at a Powerplant. My mainstay carry light has been a Surefire G2 that I rotate either a P60 Lamp or one of my CREE drop-ins in and out of. I sometimes switch off and carry my Falacata 6V or my Fenix TK-10. I have carried others on occasion, but usually when I am out on rounds I also bring along either my Wolf Eyes R2 CREE Raider or my ElektroLumens modded SSC P7 Mag.......for a bit more throw and flood for those really dark places.

2xTap

tgbydesign

Newly Enlightened
check out the AA nitecore d10 . 130 lumens you cant beat that! price under 100.00 cant beat that either.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
What's your price range?
How much throw?

The L2T V2.0 is similar to the L2P but has more output(current vs previous gen LED), a lower mode, and a forward clickie(has momentary). The TK20 has a warm tinted LED and has more throw. It is also larger and has a rubber grip. Also costs more then the L2T V2.0.

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
I'm a K9 handler at a University and I have the SF 6PL with Malkoff M60 drop-in on my belt and I also carry the SF E1B in my pocket. For kicks and giggles I have my Sam's POB in my trunk (haven't got to use it yet though).

DavyBoy4

Newly Enlightened
Im Security On Building Sites and Demolition Sites, Always Have My Fenix tk11 does the job perfectly

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't mind a bit of an investment, the Malkoff Mag 2-3D drop-in gets good reviews for performance, reliability and throw/spill.

If I have to go back to my non-commissioned sec guard days, I probably will pick one up myself.

Fair warning though - a Malkoff-upgraded Mag will be too bright for casual or close-quarters work.

-Trevor

edc3

Enlightened
My dad recently came out of retirement and took a job as a guard. For Christmas I bought him a 3D Mag and modded it with a 800mA driver and Seoul U-bin P4. Since he isn't allowed to carry a weapon, I wanted him to have a real flashlight that he could use as a weapon if he had to. Since then he's bought two Malkoffs. One for him and one for another guard. Since the modded Mags aren't good for close up, he also carries a Lumapower LM31 I bought him a while back.

Culhain

Enlightened
I specialize in high rise building security and have worked several sites for my company. I find that each site and each shift presents different flashlight needs, so my comments should be taken as generalizations. The following are lights that I keep on hand, with an explanation of why I have them:

MagLite 3C with Malkoff for throw or if I feel the need to have something in my hand.

SureFire 8AX for those shifts that require a lot of light usage, also useful for outdoor patrols.

SureFire 6P with Malkoff M60 is my belt light of choice for working second or third shifts. I'm glad that I have it and quite happy that it doesn't see much use, but when I need to use it, the need is urgent.

SureFire E1L (uniform) or Fenix P1 Cree (coat and tie) are my two most used lights and handle 90% of my lighting needs.

My keychain light is a Peak Matterhorn, which also sees regular use reading fire extinguishers, control panels and working on guard station computer problems.

Generally, I can get free AA and D cells from a high rise buildings engineering staff, but mostly forget to do so. I keep a MiniMag LED 2xAA and MagLite LED 2xD on hand as loaners or in case of a power outage, but they see very little use.

I frequently get called to work overtime shifts at other sites (armed and unarmed) and usually find that my work light collection ranges from adequate to overkill. Frankly, if the situation is such that I need even more specialized tools, I ain't taking the chance of working there again unless someone else is buying.

Latest posts