Seeking a super-powerful torch for film production work!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Wow, lots of useful information here, thanks.
I ended up getting a £70 (delivered) 7 x LED version of the torch I linked to (different seller who did me a deal) including charger and 2 x triple battery packs...

Any word on colour balance? Guess I'll find out.. I've bought it now! Anyone want me to do any tests on it or report back? Sounds like I should be prepared for some misleading advertising. If it's really disgracefully over sold at least I can argue that the item didn't fit description...

I bought a dodgy "4,500"(?) lumen HID, unbranded Vortus, I think 40w and it charged about 3 times (taking about 5hrs each time if I remember rightly) then died. The charger just seems to click.. run time was only about 30 mins anyway.. hopefully this LED one will at least be a bit more reliable..

LOL

You ARE an optimist.

:D

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I were the OP, I would not be mucking around with these lights. Especially using the accompanied dodgy multiple layout batteries. Might just go poof or worse still go boom boom. :)

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
An XM-L can get about 750 lumen each without heroic measures, or 9000 lumen with twelve LED... At 120W. An 18650 is good for about 15W continuous. So you actually have 45W, or absolute maximum 3000-4000 lumens. Assuming they spent every cent maxing out the driver. Assuming it doesn't explode. Expect 2000 lumen. Bright, while it works. Do you trust a manufacturer who lies 650%?

Can XM-L2 get more lumens each?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, lots of useful information here, thanks.
I ended up getting a £70 (delivered) 7 x LED version of the torch I linked to (different seller who did me a deal) including charger and 2 x triple battery packs...

Any word on colour balance? Guess I'll find out.. I've bought it now! Anyone want me to do any tests on it or report back? Sounds like I should be prepared for some misleading advertising. If it's really disgracefully over sold at least I can argue that the item didn't fit description...

I bought a dodgy "4,500"(?) lumen HID, unbranded Vortus, I think 40w and it charged about 3 times (taking about 5hrs each time if I remember rightly) then died. The charger just seems to click.. run time was only about 30 mins anyway.. hopefully this LED one will at least be a bit more reliable..

You really should have done some more probing,your seller has done you a deal right enough.;)