• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SF M6 Softstart / 3 level Incan Driver Switch And M6 McClicky

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SF M6 Softstart / 3 level Incan Driver Switch

Pete,

It may not fit six 17500s with a McClicky even if I cut down everything including the spring. I have been able to run six protected 17500s with a soft start switch built to the battery holder - had to remove the guts of the tail cap to fit. A mechanical clicky switch is too long to fit.

AW

Hi Andrew

That's just about the answer I got ( I remember your pack mod from before - very neat)

My special carrier has no centre PCB and uses 0.8mm PCB to get 1.6mm more room - also the springs are cut down so with the tail-cap set off back a little more (the STC already moves it to the max really 1.4mm back) it would probably be just possible - but it's not worth it.

Thanks for the time and trouble and doing all these parts for us

Cheers
Pete

brunt_sp

Enlightened

Mine's on its way - Thanks AW. I have taken my tailcap apart in anticipation. I found that my black plastic retaining ring was glued in. (Stage 4 in the instructions) No end of lubrication moved it so I resorted to boiling the tailcap in a bag for 5 mionutes. The ring then unscrewed without too much effort.

AW

Newly Enlightened

Steve,

Thanks for the info. I 'll add this to my instructions.

Cheers,
AW

Mine's on its way - Thanks AW. I have taken my tailcap apart in anticipation. I found that my black plastic retaining ring was glued in. (Stage 4 in the instructions) No end of lubrication moved it so I resorted to boiling the tailcap in a bag for 5 mionutes. The ring then unscrewed without too much effort.

AW

Newly Enlightened

Here is how the M6 McClicky looks like ( available soon ) :

P1000519.jpg

P1000522.jpg

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SF M6 Softstart / 3 level Incan Driver Switch + M6 McClicky

Great work, AW! Will the McClicky version also have the softstart and 3 levels?

AW

Newly Enlightened

No, it is a mechanical forward clicky switch only ( good for LED and low power incan lamps ).

Great work, AW! Will the McClicky version also have the softstart and 3 levels?

stienke

Enlightened

:paypal: for one M6 softstart + shipping!

Thanks Gerjan

Ray1968

Newly Enlightened
What method are you guys using to unscrew the plastic ring out of the bottom of the stock tailcap? Mine's been soaking in WD40 but doesn't want to budge and I'm starting to gouge it up. Haven't tried boiling it yet. That's next though....

Edwood

Enlightened
I'm going to try putting mine in a toaster oven after it's preheated. I use the "Warm" setting, which measures around 200 degrees F.

-Ed

brunt_sp

Enlightened
What method are you guys using to unscrew the plastic ring out of the bottom of the stock tailcap? Mine's been soaking in WD40 but doesn't want to budge and I'm starting to gouge it up. Haven't tried boiling it yet. That's next though....
I applied lots of lube and left it for hours to no avail. My black plastic retaining ring is now seriously gouged up. I then boiled the tailcap in a bag for 5 minutes making sure that I had got most of the air out (So the bag does not float on the surface). It doesn't really matter if the bag splits because there is no switch assembly to ruin. I then put a pair of nose-end pliers facing up in a vise. You then rest the tailcap on top with a strap wrench around it. It will unscew fairly easily but remember to apply downward pressure on the tailcap so the plier tips do not jump out of the retaining ring holes.

Last edited:

brunt_sp

Enlightened
Thanks for the info. I have no vise or strap wrench, so this is going to be tricky.
I imagine you could achieve the same result by trapping the handles of the pliers in the hinge side of a door and then use hand pressure on the tailcap to unscrew. Good luck.

Nanomiser

Enlightened
Using this switch what's the hottest bulb I could run in my M6 and what other hardware would I need to implement it? :thinking:

Latest posts