SheKor Charger for 18650/17670/18500/17500/14500/16340/

biker1

Enlightened
Formerly from NYC - Still Ruled by Commi Criminal
Thanks for the explanation.
The Pila, which I ordered, also does not have a trickle charge, as per the previous link, but as mentioned, better safe than sorry.
Btw, I always keep my cell phone plugged in for charging, and many times I fall asleep, way after the charging has completed, while it is still plugged in.
I guess I'm lucky it hasn't gone Boom yet! Unless cell phone Lithiums are a different animal altogether.

learner-gr

Newly Enlightened
After reading all of these i'm close to buy one shekor for myself. For rcr123 it can charge only 3.7v? Is that right?

If i need to charge lifepo4 3v i must try to buy another charger? Which one you recommend?

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
After reading all of these i'm close to buy one shekor for myself. For rcr123 it can charge only 3.7v? Is that right?

If i need to charge lifepo4 3v i must try to buy another charger? Which one you recommend?

There are a few multi Voltage chargers ...
WF-188
WF-138
HG-1210W

There may be a few more ?

pae77

Enlightened
Also there are various budget "hobby chargers" (many for <$40) that can handle cells of various sizes, chemistries, and voltage.

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened
This is the Brunton panel with the Shekor charger:

5091522997_30f8db5f76_z.jpg

It suffices with connecting the cable that comes with the panel to the entrance of the charger. A very simple combination and that has served me to charge the batteries now that we have the sun of the summer. I will use him in my following trip to the desert in bicycle in November.

Joe Hone

Newly Enlightened
SheKor and 10440 batteries

Has anyone charged a 10440 with the SheKor? 10440 isn't listed with the charger, but the volts are right. Any issues if I use it to charge them?

pae77

Enlightened
Technically it's a little more powerful than optimal for 10440's. They should be charged at a starting charge current of ~100 mA to 250 mA, imo. The Shekor starts charging (if the battery is fully discharged) at ~400 or 450 mA, iirc, although apparently it doesn't stay up at such a high charge current for very long.

So, it will work, but may result in the batteries not lasting as long as they might if charged at a lower starting charge current.

And of course the algorithm the Shekor uses isn't a true CC/CV so that's not optimal either, but that's the case with all the cheap cradle chargers as far as I know (except for the Pila, which is not cheap of course). (So that's why I switched to a hobby charger that allows one to select the starting charge current and has a true CC/CV algorithm, but that's another subject beyond the scope of your question.)

Last edited:

Gunny

Newly Enlightened
anyplace in the US to get this charger? I currently have the Trustfire T-001 and looking for another charger. cant locate any.

pae77

Enlightened
anyplace in the US to get this charger? I currently have the Trustfire T-001 and looking for another charger. cant locate any.
If you simply google the word "shekor" the very first result is a US based store that sells them. :shakehead

Gunny

Newly Enlightened
If you simply google the word "shekor" the very first result is a US based store that sells them. :shakehead

and if you went to that link, you would see that its out of stock and has been for some time.:shakehead

pae77

Enlightened
It's still a (probably the only) place in the US to get them, which is the original question that was asked.

But . . , I have an extra new in box unit I purchased as a backup but no longer need that I might be willing to part with. PM me if interested. :)

Gunny

Newly Enlightened
It's still a (probably the only) place in the US to get them, which is the original question that was asked.

But . . , I have an extra new in box unit I purchased as a backup but no longer need that I might be willing to part with. PM me if interested. :)

Seems to be the only place. I was just looking for a second charger, but I may go the route of the Turnigy Accucel-6. Just don't know how logical it would be to get it. Your write up on it was pretty sweet:thumbsup:, and it seems to be alot safer than the chicom stuff. Seems simple enough to do, just don't know if its worth the money just for a few lights. But if I can find one cheap enough I may take the plunge.

pae77

Enlightened
Seems to be the only place. I was just looking for a second charger, but I may go the route of the Turnigy Accucel-6. Just don't know how logical it would be to get it. Your write up on it was pretty sweet:thumbsup:, and it seems to be alot safer than the chicom stuff. Seems simple enough to do, just don't know if its worth the money just for a few lights. But if I can find one cheap enough I may take the plunge.
The Accucell 6, is, of course, also a Chinese made product, (not that there's anything wrong with that, imo, especially since it is the primary reason we are able to purchase a fairly high quality product at a very reasonable price).

Whether it is worth the investment or not is a personal decision each person has to make for themselves. For me it was/is well worth it even for just a few lights/cells, especially over the longer term going forward. I just wish I hadn't wasted ~$36 or so on various cheaper cradle units before I decided to invest in the Accucell. I do, however, eventually plan to turn at least one of those cradle units into a dumb battery holder for use with the Accucell. So at least one of them may end up not being a total waste of money.