Show Us Your EDC Folder

Scottn

Newly Enlightened
6255398990_c17d0dd657_b.jpg
[/IMG]

vaizki

Newly Enlightened
I'm all utility so Leatherman Skeletool CX.. Has everything I need but the light ;)

mikesantor

Enlightened
I dont know how some of you guys EDC these knives every day and keep them in such pristine shape. Here is my user.

2011-12-14_11-15-00_201.jpg

As you can see, She gets used...

2011-12-14_11-13-51_257.jpg

Rheinleder

Newly Enlightened
It is a Crusader Forge , small one ( very big ) is a small Vis ( he not more build it )
my Folder is a VIS 01 T ( big one )

If you neet more Infos let me know :)

And this is a FIFP , very big
index.php

manoloco

Enlightened
I dont know how some of you guys EDC these knives every day and keep them in such pristine shape. Here is my user.

2011-12-14_11-15-00_201.jpg

As you can see, She gets used...

2011-12-14_11-13-51_257.jpg

the edges of my edc are usually in good shape because i dont like to spend much time sharpening, if your edge gets too beat up its very hard to mantain the edge and you will get rid of a lot of steel; to prevent that i give regular maintenance to my edges, and parts of the folder like the pivot. the sides of the blade however are usually with lines and marks from my cuts i tend to clean them but its not priority as the edge (unless im cutting something to eat).

Your edge however seems very new (the vertical lines on the edge are typical of a new edge), only those 2 spots where it rolled seem to have something what did you cut and what steel is your Hinderer?

mikesantor

Enlightened
Steel is CTS-XHP.

Its about a year and a half old. The nice thing about the Hinderers is it is stonewashed so it ages amazingly. I use it to score kydex, cut leather (I do a lot of leather work) and im also a project manager for a construction company. So for instance this morning I walked around a few new offices we built carving Xs into the walls to mark out where the electricians were going to mount all of there boxes. Its also my bottle opener. Beer caps dig in nice to the G10 so you can pop them out.

Im pretty reckless with my tools...

manoloco

Enlightened
Steel is CTS-XHP.

Its about a year and a half old. The nice thing about the Hinderers is it is stonewashed so it ages amazingly. I use it to score kydex, cut leather (I do a lot of leather work) and im also a project manager for a construction company. So for instance this morning I walked around a few new offices we built carving Xs into the walls to mark out where the electricians were going to mount all of there boxes. Its also my bottle opener. Beer caps dig in nice to the G10 so you can pop them out.

Im pretty reckless with my tools...

I like stonewashed finishes too, they hide scratches better, they also are decent as a rust resistant finish, i also like how it looks.

I have never seen or used a Hinderer in person but the fame is well deserved as your knife is in great condition for all the chores its doing, CTS-XHP must be really good at holding that edge however i was under the impression that since its usually hardened 61hrc or above that it would chip rather than roll, maybe i didnt interpret the pic correctly are those chips or rolled edge?

My edc knives do their chores diligently too, im sure i have to touch them up a lot more often than yours of course, for folders i carry a VG-10 Delica and a Boker Trance which is AUS-8, but the knife that i need touch up much less often is a fixed necker that i like to carry made by Jose Diaz, a Frog Leg in S30V hardened to 61-62 HRC, its a really great knife!, i promise to post pics soon.

Last edited:

jac2001

Newly Enlightened
Who makes the fixed blade Wharncliffe?

That is just sick!!!

J.

Latest posts