Show your beat up light.

Let's hope my new ML50LX inspection lite wears as pretty. On the left my "working Malkoff" MDC HA2AA Cool. She's been carried around work around a year. Although I got it about three years ago when I got my MD2. I need to get off my duff and get her the hat clip and crenelated bezel so she can be my primary hat light. Right now I'm using the T3.

+1 on the hat clip.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_3413.jpeg

8 years edc and still going
PK Design Lab PR-1 with Elzetta RCR and PL-2 with Eneloop pro and prototype hat clip.

IMG_3414.jpeg

1 year edc
Malkoff MDC 123 VME M361W with Elzetta RCR for when I want low first.

Last edited:

BattleBrat

Newly Enlightened

bykfixer

Flashaholic
View attachment 57765
Just got my M361 219B VME HA 1AA its first nick! My second most used Malkoff.
Prototype hat clip?! For how large of a light?
I keep an MDC 1AA by my bed. Older XP-G2 with an Elzetta AA.

The prototype clip is on the 1x AAA light and was one of 9 ever made by PK. He saw I used a microstream clip on my silver one and made me a small batch. I should call it "the goldilox clip" because 3 were too soft, 3 were too stiff and 3 were just right. I gave away all but the one on the light.

BattleBrat

Newly Enlightened
Hmm the PL website is still up but is dated 2018 at the bottom, they still selling lights?

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well worn Solarforce L2T with Solarforce 3 mode XML drop in. It was carried everyday for about 10 years. It's been dropped a lot but has never failed me.
That's one well loved L2T! I love mine, even though I robbed the tailcap off of mine and use it on my G2X. I have a Malkoff blem tailcap on my L2T...I'll have to post a pic of that one when I get time.

What is the wrap on the head? Is it tape? Just curious.
Oh, that's just a piece of bike innertube I slid on to aid in gripping the bezel while "drawing" from the sheath. I carry "bezel up" on my tool belt. Actually, I carry bezel up (and use innertube) on all my off-duty lights as well for those that are sheathed on my left (weak) side. I use my left/weak hand for light control in order to free my right/strong hand for weapon access if necessary. And I carry bezel up to imitate the motion (and muscle memory) of accessing my spare magazine on my left. If you decide to "install" innertube on a bezel or body, you can save yourself some grief by applying hairspray to the inside of the tube. It behaves as a lube to slide it on easier and then dries into a sort of glue to keep it in place afterwards. Not sure if you wanted to know all that, but there it is. ;)

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
My old (but trusty) Klarus XT11, been dropped all too many times but hasn't faltered yet, well worn and a little dusty, no shelf queen here :crackup:

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

dakeller1218

Newly Enlightened
This was my personal test light in 1969
This light was:

• Shot with a 38 four times
  • Thrown off of 6 story building onto cement
  • Thrown from a moving car (50mph) onto blacktop road
  • Thrown into a block wall three times
  • Run over by a semi
Don Keller

The bulb had to be changed two times. We were able to unscrew all parts of the light. And after the final test the light worked great.

Attachments

• testlitekellite.pdf
    25.6 KB · Views: 44

sgt253

Enlightened
This light was:

• Run over by a semi
Don Keller

The bulb had to be changed two times. We were able to unscrew all parts of the light. And after the final test the light worked great.
I was able to download the pic as a PDF. That's a super cool pic of that test light. Thank you Sir for your efforts in the world of hand held lights! I have more than a few of your creations. Best regards.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light was:

• Run over by a semi
Don Keller

DonK.jpg

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had temporarily lost my Thrunite T10 like this and bought this copy. It doesn't show the scars of use like an aluminum one would. The brand name has worn off the head however.
20240322_100424.jpg