Show your nightstand flashlight!

haymant

Newly Enlightened
Surefire L4, Firefly 2.0, Coast SX300R, and Streamlight Sidewinder
DAC3E78C-0121-4886-8767-CF53BFA3675E.jpeg

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
AAA's get used mostly indoors, Blue C01S rides in pocket.. C01R noticed last night Deep Red cuts through lingering smoke from NorCal wild fires pretty good..
PK FL2LE (in rear) runs W1.1 H17fx mod by Randy Brogden (spelling corrections)
IMG_20210814_173339913.jpg

Last edited:

Ralf

Enlightened
Hi all,
I haven't been around quite a while, actually its more then 12 years since the legendary german cpf meeting in my garden. From time to time I check candlepowerforums, but not very often. This time I had a message from Jelly aka Chris with a link to this thread. Picture threads are always nice, so here we go ... My nightstand light since 20 years .. Surefire L1 with modded LED, second battery since ... Great light unmatched

Cheers
Ralf

Attachments

• SF-L1.JPG
    SF-L1.JPG
    547.7 KB · Views: 134

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,
I haven't been around quite a while, actually its more then 12 years since the legendary german cpf meeting in my garden. From time to time I check candlepowerforums, but not very often. This time I had a message from Jelly aka Chris with a link to this thread. Picture threads are always nice, so here we go ... My nightstand light since 20 years .. Surefire L1 with modded LED, second battery since ... Great light unmatched

Cheers
Ralf

Good to see you Ralf. I got the same invitation from Jelly a few weeks ago. It had been forever since I participated here. Like you, I check in occasionally to see what's going on. Is that L1 a creation of @milkyspit (Scott Clawson)? I have an old e1e creation of his that's on my nightstand. I am still an edc kinda guy, but haven't gotten much new in years. My collection is still going strong, and is a testament to the brands I decided to collect. My newest light is a Nitecore TIP SE. It's an amazing little rechargeable pocket light, and one of my edc's. Who knows, that invitation from Jelly just may get me back into that flashaholic state of mind.:unsure:

My full collection
Collection Reduced.jpg

Last edited:

Ralf

Enlightened
Yeah the same here ;-) ... And the L1 mod I did myself. This was quite a entusiastic time. I startet when there was the first 1W LED upcoming on the market ... time is running so fast

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to see you Ralf. I got the same invitation from Jelly a few weeks ago. It had been forever since I participated here. Like you, I check in occasionally to see what's going on. Is that L1 a creation of @milkyspit (Scott Clawson)? I have an old e1e creation of his that's on my nightstand. I am still an edc kinda guy, but haven't gotten much new in years. My collection is still going strong, and is a testament to the brands I decided to collect. My newest light is a Nitecore TIP SE. It's an amazing little rechargeable pocket light, and one of my edc's. Who knows, that invitation from Jelly just may get me back into that flashaholic kinda mind.:unsure:

My full collection
Wow - we are seeing some old timers come back! Good to see you, Rob. I haven't been very active, either. Never quite got over dabbling in the customs, although I sold off pretty much all of my mass produced lights - except for my Zebralights. Not showing the full collection, but here's my second newest acquisition - purchased specifically for nightstand duty. The Foursevens Maelstrom MXS "Standby". I don't normally buy lights this large, but the concept was so cool (as was the intro discount), that I couldn't resist. It sits in the magnetic charging base all the time. When you lift it out, or if the power fails, the light comes on at its lowest setting. Although I rarely travel overnight any more, should I be away and my wife has to deal with a power failure, this will be handy. (McGizmo PD for size comparison)
Maelstrom Standby.jpeg

This isn't the entire collection, but most of these are close at hand at the nightstand, too.

IMG_1739.jpeg

Old reliable Surefire lights live in vehicles (2 cars, truck, motorcycle), kitchen drawer, and safes. Zebras are scattered everywhere. Spy serves as a closet illuminator for early morning before my wife wakes up. We are seriously afflicted flashaholic types!

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
View attachment 15710

This isn't the entire collection, but most of these are close at hand at the nightstand, too.

View attachment 15711

Old reliable Surefire lights live in vehicles (2 cars, truck, motorcycle), kitchen drawer, and safes. Zebras are scattered everywhere. Spy serves as a closet illuminator for early morning before my wife wakes up. We are seriously afflicted flashaholic types!
Good to see you @run4jc ! Been a long time. Like @Ralf says, it goes by fast. Hoping you and your family are safe and well. 🙏

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made my bedside "flashlight". It uses one 18650 cell, has a built-in USB charger. A nanjg101 driver with 2 - 7135's drives an XT-E royal blue led with a dome-shaped remote phosphor. Turns on in moonlight and has 4 more levels to choose from. I made it in 2017 for the BLF competition. [I see I should have dusted it before snapping the pictures. ;) ]
That's cool...

weybourne

Newly Enlightened
Most people I know that know about my small collection of torches (UK based ;)) think I've got an obsession but some of you put it into perspective :p. My first "proper" torch was a Fenix L2D and I liked it so much that all my subsequent torch purchases have been Fenix too. My at-home bedside torch is a Fenix LD22. If I'm camping, it's a Fenix HL23 and either the LD22 or a Fenix PD35 TAC (depending on whether I'm sticking to AAs or packing 18650s too). On my keyring, I have an old and battered Fenix LD01. The L2D lives in the kitchen for general house-based use and the PD35 TAC is my usual "go-to" torch for anything else - it also gets attached to my bike handlebars for the occasional off-road use (main front light on the bike is a dynamo powered Busch + Müller Lumotec IQ Cyo senso plus).

Here's the "nightstand flashlight"
IMG_5210.JPG

and here are my other "flashlights"
LD01
IMG_5206.JPG

L2D
IMG_5207.JPG

PD35 TAC
IMG_5209.JPG

HL23
IMG_5212.JPG

Last edited:

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
View attachment 14637

A new, Maelstrom MXS Standby. It stands ready in its charging station. If the power source is curtailed, the light automatically comes on to its lowest setting.

GREA! Now I gotta dust.
I've got one of those...12v lighter plug rechargeable. Mine has white/green/green-flash modes. Came under a different brand here (will look for packaging, I usually save it). They also had white/red version.

Dave

Brand name marked on the light is Quarrow. It has 1-4x twist beam focussing. Opened it up a while back and found three button-type NiMH cells, not much capacity and not easily replaceable. Nice little light though.

Dave

Last edited:
I've got one of those...12v lighter plug rechargeable. Mine has white/green/green-flash modes. Came under a different brand here (will look for packaging, I usually save it). They also had white/red version.

Dave

Brand name marked on the light is Quarrow. It has 1-4x twist beam focussing. Opened it up a while back and found three button-type NiMH cells, not much capacity and not easily replaceable. Nice little light though.

Dave

I would very much appreciate seeing a picture of your light, Dave.

3_gun

Enlightened
There may be & are others near the bed all the time but this one STAYS there and has for more than 10yrs. Simple, bright & reliable. It's one of 2, the other is in my GO bag

Attachments

• rs_1693.jpg
    rs_1693.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 144

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solarforce L2P with an L2M tailcap, 2x Panasonic cr123a cells, and a lumens factory
SR-6 LA. Always ready to go and I don't have to worry about being let down by those newfangled and unreliable LEDs

Attachments

• PXL_20210828_153226696.jpg
    PXL_20210828_153226696.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 109

787Geoff

Newly Enlightened
Vintage with LED conversions, the battle lamp is in the corner and one or two of the airforce penlights in the night stand. Red and white led in the penlights.

cheers, Geoff

Attachments

• 236EEA89-E402-4C47-8E63-76083472F319.jpeg
    236EEA89-E402-4C47-8E63-76083472F319.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 01FD30F4-4748-4B16-AAED-EF849C06893B.jpeg
    01FD30F4-4748-4B16-AAED-EF849C06893B.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 86

angerdan

Enlightened
And two Pak lites, because emergency lanterns... (both 5mm hcri's)
Interesting "lantern" 💡🔋

The nightstand light that gets the most use here is an Olight Obulb. Easy to grab, doesn't get knocked down and scratch the furniture when I reach for it in the dark, easy to keep on the bed while watching tv without it getting lost in the comforter. It's a wonderful invention.
(y)

My nightstand (flash)light is an Auraglow Wireless Rechargeable PIR Motion Sensor 25 LED Wardrobe Light.
The color temperature is 2700K, so the warm white light is perfect for indoor use.
It turns on by motion sensor and the internal 18650 cell can be charged via USB.

2393.1_1_111.jpg

Last edited: