Your favorite / best / coolest / nicest flashlight of 2023?

Buff

Enlightened
Yup, Sofirn makes all of the flashlights for Wurkkos.
And, Sofirn has a policy of selling lights that use only a side-switch; with no magnetic tailcap. If you want that feature, they'll sell you one for a few bucks extra and ship it with the complete light. Makes sense Wurkkos would have that same policy.
I saw the YouTube comparison video on my WK03 and the Sofirn 18 that is basically the same light.
I went wit this one because i wanted to see what a $25 light was like. So far it good. Now just waiting for the night. Lol

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I saw the YouTube comparison video on my WK03 and the Sofirn 18 that is basically the same light.
I went wit this one because i wanted to see what a $25 light was like. So far it good. Now just waiting for the night. Lol
Have to admit that Sofirn and Wurkkos are the best options out there for lower-end budget lights, that are still made with a surprisingly good (but not great) chunk of quality tossed in. Convoy comes in a distant 3rd. Unless you want extreme throw from a non-LEP flashlight, and don't mind reverse-tailcap switches.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I been checking out those convoy T3 for a long time now. I may have to just pull the trigger. The fact they are Ti, duel fuel, and any 519a you want seems like an excellent deal.

How durable are they?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Never had an issue with mine as far as durability.
But must admit I haven't had it for too long.
You can take your chances on AliExpress if you want to.
I never will again. My Convoy M2 clearly got lost in the mail.
I mean to a ridiculously blatant degree.
AliExpress and the owner of Convoy very politely screwed me over.
Done with both of them. Why screw over a regular customer?
You know I would have been back buying even more stuff.
But I guess they really needed my $22.oo, instead. :rolleyes:

Anyway, might be worth ordering. You're good if everything goes right.
If it doesn't, you're not out much money. Might as well risk it.

ChibiM

Enlightened
No clear winners on CPF... but here is the overview
Flashlight CountTotal
Wurkkos TS10112
7AA11
ACEBEAM TAC AA11
Acebeam X80GT-211
Armytek Wizard C1 Pro11
Convoy S3.11
Convoy T311
Fenix TK20R V2.011
HDS Rotary11
Jetbeam M6411
Jetbeam RRT-2611
Led Lenser P3 Core11
LRI Photon Proton Pro,11
Lumintop I11
Lumintop Tool AA11
Maglite 4D ML30011
Maglite ML25IT,11
Malkoff Hound Dog11
Malkoff MD2 HOT11
Manker MC13 II11
Maratac EZ throw11
Maratac P1611
Mateminco FT0211
McGizmo Haiku11
Modlite Legacy Enhanced LED-F Light Head11
Nitecore LA10 CRI11
Olight Arkfeld Pro.11
Olight Baton 4 Premium Edition11
Olight Seeker Pro 4.11
Streamlight DS HL11
Surefire EDC2-DFT11
Surefire Kroma K2-BK-BL/RD11
toque11
Wurkkos TS 2111
Zebralight H503c11
Zebralight SC65c HI11

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Honestly, considering the buzz it has generated near the tail-end of 2023, clearly Wurkkos TS10, the Dark Horse contender, is the clear winner. Heck, even I bought one.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
They're like trading cards. So, cheap you can collect them all. Trade them with your friends. Or, total strangers on the internet. 😁

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
DS-HL. BINGO!

It's great, isn't it? For me personally there's one big improvement they could make--I don't like flashlights with UIs you have to click through. One reason I like the Stinger 2020 so much is the level switch. The Strion could use a selector ring or some other kind of power control.
No, not a 'selector ring'. Those usually require a second hand to operate, which I typically do not have available EDIT: quickly, reliably, and effectively in many use environments in the 'real world' [not the living room with pristine hands]).

It would appear your wish has come true. Streamlight always listens to their customers.

Exactly the same dimensions as my DS-HL.

Same output level switch design as my Stinger 2020.

Easiest to intentionally actuate of all output level controls I have, and practically impossible to actuate unintentionally.

That's product engineering done right.

Same 2-meter FL1 impact rating. Note the dead-flat output regulation during the core portion of its run time (similar to DS-HL). Note the 3450 mAh cell capacity. Same great dual-independent main switch design (redundant).

Looks like my favorite flashlight has been improved. Essentially an improved DS HL, with the switch you want.

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks pretty good. I'd prefer a higher intensity led with correspondingly lower output, but they followed the 2020 stinger formula there and the original is still available for that.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
AZ hooked me up with a Big Brute 7aa bad@$$ flashlight. I'd say that was my favorite light from 2023. Extra bulbs too. 👍

IMG_2952.jpeg

It has a clicky tailcap too.

Last edited:

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, not a 'selector ring'. Those usually require a second hand to operate, which I typically do not have available EDIT: quickly, reliably, and effectively in many use environments in the 'real world' [not the living room with pristine hands]).

It would appear your wish has come true. Streamlight always listens to their customers.

Exactly the same dimensions as my DS-HL.

Same output level switch design as my Stinger 2020.

Easiest to intentionally actuate of all output level controls I have, and practically impossible to actuate unintentionally.

That's product engineering done right.

Same 2-meter FL1 impact rating. Note the dead-flat output regulation during the core portion of its run time (similar to DS-HL). Note the 3450 mAh cell capacity. Same great dual-independent main switch design (redundant).

Looks like my favorite flashlight has been improved. Essentially an improved DS HL, with the switch you want.

Dose it still use a proprietary battery?