Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bit of an update on mine...

2-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

1-3.jpg

bob4apple

Enlightened
Hey... you folks with the sand colored L2's/L2m's.... are ya liking the sand color finish?

I love that sand color- I put car wax on mine and now it almost looks like a solid gold flashlight!

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah... I think Jake's right... that looks like the same tailcap as on my Ultrafire C1... a coarse-grade light that is only slightly lower in price than the Solarforce L2, which is obviously of significantly higher quality. I didn't like the C1 tailcap and wound up putting a Solarforce silent fwd clickie on my Ultrafire C1. But in it's defense, the tail cap does allow tailstanding (if slightly wobbly) and there are many times when tailstand ability is really nice to have!

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my L2 with Nailbender's Diamond Dragon drop-in and some beam shots. I love the DD!

PICT8966.jpg

PICT9008.jpg

PICT9007.jpg

I just ordered another 18650 L2 Body / Grey , I thought about sand , but it just does nothing for me . Ive been thinking about Nailbenders drop ins , any chance of a outdoor beam shot @ 100 Yards or so .

DX just mailed out my R2 pill , which I will mod with a new driver , and put in this new body .. Im trying to source a Diamond Dragon , over 500Lumen @ 2A

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wot is the tailcap on the left hand torch? Have been looking for a small recessed switch tailcap----Disco

It quite possibly is used on an Ultrafire, but DX sell it seperately for $3.50. SKU 14024. You can see I added a couple of o-rings as those grooves have slightly sharp edges. It's a pretty good tailcap for the money.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
and if you search further I have an forward switch mode pending for uploading...
(along with a suprise one)

And fellow memeber carbine15 used to make shis own version of this tailcap in forward clickie....

ETA here it is!!!! Enjoy!

Last edited:

supasizefries

Enlightened
Ive been thinking about Nailbenders drop ins , any chance of a outdoor beam shot @ 100 Yards or so .
Im trying to source a Diamond Dragon , over 500Lumen @ 2A

I'll see if I can take some beam shots outside. I have the OP reflector in it right now so the throw is a little reduced. I'm ordering the SMO reflector from Nailbender and I'll do some comparison shots. Anyone out there have any comments on a DD @ 2 A in a p60 form factor? Must get really hot!

harddrive

Enlightened
I'll see if I can take some beam shots outside. I have the OP reflector in it right now so the throw is a little reduced. I'm ordering the SMO reflector from Nailbender and I'll do some comparison shots. Anyone out there have any comments on a DD @ 2 A in a p60 form factor? Must get really hot!

What batteries are you using with the DD drop in. Just one 18650 in the Solarforce L2?

supasizefries

Enlightened
Yeah, just one 18650. NB's DD drop-in is rated up to 9 volts and I've tried it with 2 18650's with the battery extension tube. By eye, I didn't notice any difference in brightness.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

Im looking forward to finding out : One of my R2's draws over 1.7A at the tail , and after 5 minutes or so , no real heat to speak off , esp after using a MC-E in a L2 body ...

Trying to get a Diamond Dragon is not easy , for some reason .
And Im still waiting on my SSC - P7 LED so I can build a P7 - P60 style drop in .

I hope to have MC-E / SSC P7 / Diamond Dragon / R2 P60 drop ins for a comparison ... :thinking:

And lets not forget , Luminus Devices and there new LED's , id really like to get my hands on a SST-50

Last edited:

supasizefries

Enlightened
Im looking forward to finding out : One of my R2's draws over 1.7A at the tail , and after 5 minutes or so , no real heat to speak off , esp after using a MC-E in a L2 body ...

Trying to get a Diamond Dragon is not easy , for some reason .
And Im still waiting on my SSC - P7 LED so I can build a P7 - P60 style drop in .

I hope to have MC-E / SSC P7 / Diamond Dragon / R2 P60 drop ins for a comparison ... :thinking:

And lets not forget , Luminus Devices and there new LED's , id really like to get my hands on a SST-50

Are you planning on direct driving a p7 or using regulation? I'll have to take some amp measurements and see what kind of draw I'm getting. That SST-50 LED on paper sounds amazing. :popcorn:

Disco888

Newly Enlightened
Was just playing with my switch and thinking it was overly sensitive----excellent timing on the repost of those pictures----now where's that knife

Also, how do I remove the flat bezel from a solarforce???

Disco

jake25

Enlightened
Thanks for sharing, this fixes a major complaint with SF tailcaps!
Electron, I've already passed this fix onto Solarforce. They're looking into producing a lower nipple under the tailcap.

The consensus was to build a tailcap that was not TOO hard to press. They overshot that by a bit heh.

Disco, to remove the flat bezel, Solarforce gives a solid metal tile that fits the diameter of the bezel and the grooves in the bezel. See if you have anything thats squareish and fits the bezels diameter

Last edited:

Disco888

Newly Enlightened
Cheers for that Jake, will have a look around for something suitable.

Haven't managed to rectify my nipple problem as cannot get the tailcap apart--seems to be tightened up more than any torch I own, 2 small tacks just isn't cutting it

Status
Not open for further replies.