Show your Solarforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two of my favorite configs:

L2M + 18650 ext with warm Q2 drop in. I like using this as my general outdoor use light. I use this over the 1 x 18650 since there is no reduction in output with 3 x 16340 and the little extra length is nice to handle. If I need serious runtime I'll use the extension with the normal L2 body for ridiculous runtime:
solar1.jpg

L2 standard with MC-E: Really nice walking light and great for working indoors on the low setting thanks to the floody beam.
solar2.jpg

Both have the tailcap with forward switch by NetKidz and nice orange boot.

Last edited:

Disco888

Newly Enlightened
Really like the orange tailcap, changes the look of the torch completely---although I do like my all black torch.

Received my L2-S4 switch today and placed it on my L2m---it didn't work??? Have seen several pictures of this configuration, has anybody else had problems??? Wot is the solution? or have I just got a duff switch???

Disco

jake25

Enlightened
Really like the orange tailcap, changes the look of the torch completely---although I do like my all black torch.

Received my L2-S4 switch today and placed it on my L2m---it didn't work??? Have seen several pictures of this configuration, has anybody else had problems??? Wot is the solution? or have I just got a duff switch???

Disco
Disco looks like you're having a bit of bad luck lol

I'll send you a tile for your flat bezel and a ring for your tailcap. Hopefully you have needle nose pliers

PM incoming

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Disco looks like you're having a bit of bad luck lol

I'll send you a tile for your flat bezel and a ring for your tailcap. Hopefully you have needle nose pliers

PM incoming

Disco, you'll probably need to screw in the ring Jake's sending you into the tailcap so that the body end makes contact to the switch cap to complete the circuit.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh, you got the squishy one (right). There's another flushed one shown here (left), just without the cigar ring.

img0001p.jpg

Does anyone know if the tailcap on the right is still being made or if anyone still sells them? I like the new L2-S4 but somehow I want both. Maybe Jake25 can confirm.

jake25

Enlightened
jp I have a couple in stock, they're L2m prepped but I can take out the rings.

I'm going to launch my website soon to make everything more organized, if I'm allowed to say that

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
It didn't seem to get seated 100% right stock but I found that if I left in the plastic insert that came with the stock switch and used a switch boot (my orange one) with the nub on the inside it worked great.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
jp I have a couple in stock, they're L2m prepped but I can take out the rings.

I'm going to launch my website soon to make everything more organized, if I'm allowed to say that

Thanks. I wouldn't mind the rings, it just makes it more versatile. Besides, it appears to be a discontinued product as I can't find it on Solarforce's website (US & HK)

This might be a long shot, but any chance of Solarforce making a SF style turbo head? :whistle:

Congrats on the site. Can't wait for it to go live. I like to browse (and drool) before buying. :crackup:

jake25

Enlightened
Ever since I got with Solarforce I have steered them, hopefully, in the "CPFer" direction. I've been a member here for a while, and I know what CPFers want and don't want heh. Expect new lights from Solarforce this year that are designed around the opinion of most CPFers

I'll pass on a Turbo Head to Solarforce. However I don't see many people interested in one. Would be a very interesting idea, L950m on a C body??:D

Disco888

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Jake, will await PM. Bad luck, yeah not had a good week of it although I did recently drop one of my torches down a 40ft mine shaft and it only suffered a few small scratches--so its not all bad

Disco

streetmaster

Enlightened
A bit more spit and polish on my SS L2

ssfull.jpg

Mmmm..... s-h-i-n-y :drool:

we wants the p-r-e-c-i-o-u-s...

Really, that looks great. Stainless steel can be a ***** to polish. It takes a long time to get any machining marks out of it. I know from experience. Great work!

Edit: Are the SS ones still available?? OMG, they're 100 bucks on eBay, nevermind.

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
The nice thing is it comes with almost this level of polish, I've just been sitting a night watching TV and giving it a good buff with the green micrfibre cloth in the background.
The SS is still around on Ebay (more expensive) or KD (cheaper), ebay you get both bezels, KD sends just the crenulated bezel, I have the smooth on it that I already had.
Norm

Last edited:

sygyzy

Enlightened
Can someone try this combo for me:

Malkoff M60, L2 with 18650 cell, any clicky.

It does not work for me. I tried both the reverse and the AI and it won't power on. When I put the M60 in an L2 with 2x123 it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.