Not open for further replies.

raynstacy

Newly Enlightened
p6300130.jpg

L2micro next to ex10

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ebay or SolarforceStore.com

I was thinking maybe he meant the L2 "Micro"s that people have been posting. You need to buy a Solarforce L2 and then separate the body (it's usually glued) section below the bezel (the throat where the drop in sits) from the battery tube. Then you thread a tailcap on directly. If you cut the springs down you can usually manage a primary, RCR123, or 18350 - or you can leave as is usually and run it of a CR2.

ArmyMedicDad

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for hijacking the thread for a minute, but figured this is where most Solarforce owners hang out. I've searched everywhere and have yet to find reviews on the new M8 or M6. Currently own a Skyline I and want to upgrade. Anyone know where I can look for user opinions/reviews?

I promise I'll post photos when I upgrade (my Skyline I is several pages back).

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for hijacking the thread for a minute, but figured this is where most Solarforce owners hang out. I've searched everywhere and have yet to find reviews on the new M8 or M6. Currently own a Skyline I and want to upgrade. Anyone know where I can look for user opinions/reviews?

You wish to upgrade ? What ?

Driver - Emitter - or both ...

Due to the ramping feature built into the tailcap , one of the easiest upgrades is the driver for more current , and to use 18650 .

The single mode 1400 mAh 7135 is a decent choice and allows you to still ramp .

Emitter swap should be easy enough but what emitter ?
And how effective will it be ?

If you decide to swap drivers :
The first board is a contact board , remove it .
The second is the driver , but its installed upside down - inside out , you will have to break it - smash it good - and remove it bit by bit ..
What ever driver you use can go where the contact board was .. [ easy ]

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think he means upgrade to the M6 or M8 from his Skyline.

There's a M8 "First Impressions" thread here

There's a bigger M8 review Here

There's a M6 review here

Last edited:

CheepSteal

Enlightened
75d66724.jpg
[/IMG]

New L2T, lovin' it! I put my warm Solarforce dropin into it and I run it off two 16340's to maintain a good voltage. Might have to buy a HCRI Malkoff just for this host...

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you running that off CR2 or have you just cut back a lot of spring/removed the spring on the driver? Or do you have a cut down reflector on your drop in????

Hmmm , S7 tailcap is twist on tailcap , it eats internal space ..

No way you can run a RCR123A , CR2 ? how practical ? Not sure it would work

Makes for a nice picture in anyway

Hmmm , I wonder about it even working , as the threads are so short on whats left of the body , I dont see the tailcap making contact unless other mods have been made .

adept1

Newly Enlightened
From the left:

1. Gray L2P with SS B2 bezel, R2 5-mode Solarforce drop-in. Running off 2x CR123 primary. This light stays is for the car hence the bezel and blinky modes.
  2. Black L2P with SS B3 bezel, L2-S6 tailcap, UltraFire XML 3-mode drop-in. Running off Trustfire "Flame" 18650.
  3. Black L2M with L2P head, tailcap and bezel, Solarforce OP low power XPG R5 drop-in. Running off AW 16340.
  4. Black L2M with SS B3 bezel, UltraFire XML 3-mode drop-in. Running off AW IMR18350.
  5. Black L2M with SS B3 bezel, ThruNite low power XPG R5 drop-in. Running off AW IMR18350.
  6. Gunmetal L2MM with SS B6 bezel, Solarforce SMO low power XPG R5 drop-in. Running off CR2 primary.

5b1f2s.jpg

LV426

Enlightened
My favorite "mini"

l2m_10.jpg

Back to front:
McClicky
123 primary
Potted low volt Solarforce XPG SMO
UCL hardcoat acrylic lens
B6 lens retainer ring

+ upgraded o-rings

Last edited:

Dsoto87

Newly Enlightened
I've done it with the stock l2p switch. Don't have a stock l2 switch to try or else I would let you know

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guy's.

I like the S6 but those raised four sides is pointy = sore thumb.

I had the same issue with the rather sharp pointed "ears" on the S6 switch and I ended up grinding and polishing them off very much like what SCEMan shows in post #1329. (Not too surprised to see someone else doing this with this switch.) This works OK and I have it in use on one of my lights but I later bought an S9 forward clicky that comes with a screw on SS tail "bezel". The bezel design of the S9 is much more comfortable than the S6 but just for kicks, as a temporary experiment, I removed the SS bezel and replaced it with an 0-ring to cover the exposed threads. I thought it wouldn't stay on there too well but discovered that I can literally screw the O-ring down onto the threads and it is quite secure. I've been so pleased with this set-up that I never put the SS bezel back on.

Here is the photo from my earlier post #1315 showing the S9 with O-ring.

l2m.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.