• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sigma Customs

kitman22

Newly Enlightened
Hi.

This is looking fantastic.
Please could I be on the waitlist too.
Alu/Qlite/10508 Medium.

Thanks!

gunga

Flashaholic
For you guys on the fence. The H17F is a wonderful programmable driver. It may seem intimidating but is not so bad once you get the hang of it. You can also just program it, lock the configuration and forget about it. You can program the number of modes, the levels (extreme moonlight to scorching direct drive), memory, special double tap mode. The driver also has thermal regulation and low voltage step down. I recently tried it (after using an earlier variant in most of my lights). It's amazing. I will be using it in all of my mid to high end builds from now on. It's a costly driver (almost $20) but if you like features and control, this is the driver to get. I have no affiliation in any way. I'm just a modder who likes great drivers.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't this the same/similar to the new Prometheus Icarus driver?

It is a step above the Icarus in features as it has FET channels as well, however this host can't use them due to the McClicky, so 3.04 amps is max. The Icarus also has a copper contact, but otherwise they are basically the same except the Icarus is twice the price.

The benefits of an H17F over the Qlite is the full user programmability, bump protection, and the temperature sensor which regulates current to keep the driver below a certain set temperature (60C by default). Also, the moonlight mode can be made lower than a Qlite moonlight mode.

A note on reservations, I am capping them at 40 as I am primarily able to work on them this summer, and as such I want to make sure I get them done. Should I get them done prior to classes resuming in the fall, I may open a few slots back up.

whizdumb

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to reserve an Aluminum with pocket clip, Qlite and Narrow optics. Can't edit the sheet.

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
would this also include making a copper? - as that's what I'm really in for, and also the LG MJ1s and LG HG2s; where can these be purchased?.

thanks.

It is a step above the Icarus in features as it has FET channels as well, however this host can't use them due to the McClicky, so 3.04 amps is max. The Icarus also has a copper contact, but otherwise they are basically the same except the Icarus is twice the price.

The benefits of an H17F over the Qlite is the full user programmability, bump protection, and the temperature sensor which regulates current to keep the driver below a certain set temperature (60C by default). Also, the moonlight mode can be made lower than a Qlite moonlight mode.

A note on reservations, I am capping them at 40 as I am primarily able to work on them this summer, and as such I want to make sure I get them done. Should I get them done prior to classes resuming in the fall, I may open a few slots back up.

Last edited:

darkangel55555

Newly Enlightened
Sheet is protected for viewing only - potentially only editable by authorized users, that is to say, people already on the list.

1 aluminum with clip, narrow optics, stock driver
1 copper with clip, frosted optics, upgraded driver

Please and thank you!

az2ak

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to try out the H17F driver and a pocket clip please!

If multiples are an option I'd like to add a Cu to the brass - set up the same way..

Last edited:

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright, reservation slots are full!

Regarding pocket clips, I currently lack a source for good titanium clips as Don declined to supply me some for these lights, and Jeff last I knew was waiting on a quote from a new waterjet guy. I expect any clips I use will end up coming from Jeff.

The 40 slots is for total lights, so Copper ones are part of that total. Mountain Electronics is a good source for the MJ1s, but I don't know if they ship international.

The sheet is protected so that only I can add or remove people from the list, but the options columns can be changed by you guys.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks.
Maybe try Jason Hui at Prometheus lights for the clips!.

Alright, reservation slots are full!

Regarding pocket clips, I currently lack a source for good titanium clips as Don declined to supply me some for these lights, and Jeff last I knew was waiting on a quote from a new waterjet guy. I expect any clips I use will end up coming from Jeff.

The 40 slots is for total lights, so Copper ones are part of that total. Mountain Electronics is a good source for the MJ1s, but I don't know if they ship international.

The sheet is protected so that only I can add or remove people from the list, but the options columns can be changed by you guys.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks.
Maybe try Jason Hui at Prometheus lights for the clips!.

He doesn't have anything that mounts like a McGizmo/Okluma clip and I expect the minimum order for him to have a batch made would be prohibitive. For now I am going to wait for Jeff's clips.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have me under AL, I want Brass or Copper
Frosted optic
H17F driver

Updated.

Regarding the optics, both are quite floody compared to a reflector setup and are suitable for close-medium range work. The narrow is similar to a McGizmo Sundrop, but brighter and smoother, so one large hotspot, exact size depending on XP-L HIs vs 219Cs. The medium is ideal for close up as it provides a wonderful smooth floody beam, not quite as diffuse as a mule setup. Useable throw at 3 amps is probably max 75 yards for narrow and 50 yards for medium. Mind you, while useable throw is limited, everything in between is lit up so the triples make nice short range searchlights.

Added 3000k XP-L HIs for a warm option for those who prefer a cozier color temp.