• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sigma Customs

jdboy

Enlightened
Group shot!

a0866c5f08e2ebea49f94fa764ac8087.jpg

3a3fbd552098e1f539ebb1600a90c390.jpg

jdboy

Enlightened
I can't choose a fav of the three, jdboy. :candle:

To be honest I'm usually not a fan of smaller lights but the new McRegulus hasn't been out of my pocket since I received it. I'm also noticing that the Mn-Bronze isn't taking a natural patina a quickly as my Al-Bronze light did. This is kinda nice as I like the light straw color of the material.

Last edited:

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys, I'm glad you are all enjoying them.

To be honest I'm usually not a fan of smaller lights but the new McRegulus hasn't been out of my pocket since I received it. I'm also noticing that the Mn-Bronze isn't taking a natural patina a quickly as my Al-Bronze light did. This is kinda nice as I like the light straw color of the material.
Must be a difference in skin chemistry, I found Mn-Bronze to patina faster and much darker than Al-Bronze.

Landonb

Newly Enlightened
Hello jdboy
? On your regulus did you change out the
optic to a reflector and curious to who's it is ,
I'd like to try one in my regulus
thanks

nice trio you have

jdboy

Enlightened
Hello jdboy
? On your regulus did you change out the
optic to a reflector and curious to who's it is ,
I'd like to try one in my regulus
thanks

nice trio you have

It was an option straight from Devin and I was glad I was able to get one. Thanks for the compliment!

I think it is a McRegulus reflector ^^

Yes

Great post, thanks for linking that in for us.

jdboy

Enlightened
@jdboy - what do you think about the McRegulus reflector vs the "naked" TIR optic?

I wish I could tell you but I didn't get an optic with mine. I prefer a reflector to an optic in general but I'd love to see one of Devin's Regulus optic equipped lights in person to compare.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope someone can share some beamshots side by side - McRegulus vs Regulus TIR. :candle:

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope someone can share some beamshots side by side - McRegulus vs Regulus TIR. :candle:
Ultra-close white-wall shot so it isn't the best comparison. Medium spot in the middle, McR-20 on the right.
Actual use the spill is bigger but not quite as much as this picture suggests.
sJBHVdlPSwSR1WLHxu-lEi7zOGyEa-Fe1kXO9aQY59Kc-jhGKFLoeo2V7TW0ES9SBDlPYljBMPalxYgvHzcg4hLQB1X8E-CthcR654oMOG54boguJnMrsJwZVzWYypgo56NORp1GuYyaqcV_h-XKc59-xTHbzODuHS7piRUwje3TWxpTciQLyY2LxNyetYaUxAPUiAp0bLMDW_e5FGXFYNot95_aGg3aTjNHjAk5DnH9mYeM_9CLkUptWXenu8xTAwl_Y43nmT7hpwahd-Pp_m1V6zhcnh5jwENDAK-CKE1jmvLegRKIJCQczY_2J_9BWKYxsSQClhlqaWE2F22cjAn2NoajHjxjKFQUHJbyzx8NvDYpYFCgVqU629rkB1yIB87FjliwtAZCCRt4rrQb9Nj6SNEfwSFGlBKPSsvJPwx8odCV6b626LlW5qjuJg-OvhSzoqEvvOAmRVSKCQxqO7nsVFeRaM2jmhYnYDeTuy2gIju74kxBbNFuxQn9xMbBZS5kk3M__fSVQEwVAGtt2zFoZbWW2kY8koFWczqLy3aM_V3IcA09jxFsaieFKcwJAOn9BGulHe7ipjIU0B5ua5HghPtpCHYQ1ZCuTxGRzrQ=w2008-h1506-no

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
@jdboy - what do you think about the McRegulus reflector vs the "naked" TIR optic?

I have both and I greatly prefer the reflector. The TIR does have a very pleasing beam but there's something about the reflector that's just so clean and I love the traditional hot spot/spill shape

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance someone has comparison beamshots for the reflectored Regulus vs a Haiku ?

I don't have a Haiku anymore. the Sigma uses the McR20 and the Haiku is a McR19xx something. as I recall the McR20 has a wider beam profile, plus it varies on what emitter too....

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
okay. Not exact, but hopefuly close....
about 12" from wall

Sigma McRegulus (N219C) on left, Aleph with McR19xx (SSC P4 U-bin) on right.

bb78a0ab6c09908b3d736431cc228be5.jpg

Last edited:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
McRegulus 219c on right, Haiku XPG2 on left. 12" from wall, the four default modes for both of them.

Album
https://m.imgur.com/a/ZDEnP

Mode 4.

Yiju7gSh.jpg

Haiku was angled a tad more as you can see but very similar beam patterns, higher output on the McRegulus of course. McRegulus has a larger spill and larger hotspot but the difference between the hotspot and spill is more pronounced than on the Haiku. Haiku hot spot is smaller but quickly fades into a bright but smaller spill.

How much of that is a function of the smaller XPG2 or the higher output on the McRegulus is hard to determine

Last edited: