Dr_Joe

Enlightened
Re: Sign Up for the \"Gattling\" (Flashlight reinven

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif wheww ! Just made it ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Dr_Joe

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
PoliceScannerMan said:
I'm interested, 10 hours too late!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not ! Send a PM to Walter (mobile1), there may be a couple available if the non-responders decide to back out.

I'm hopeful and optimistic that there will be more runs in the near future. Based on Walters R+D and attention to detail, I expect this light to become very popular when the multi level and K2 comes on line. (I know I'll want another one !) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dbedit

Newly Enlightened

I would like one if someone drops out. Pleaase email me what you need from me.

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Update:
Hi everyone, here is an update. The lights are being manufactured at this moment. We'll have a first prototype ready in about a week (will be a 168S version). There we make sure that everything works as intended, make changes if needed, before we move on to have them all produced. So far we are within schedule of November delivery.

PoliceScannerMan and dbedit I have made a couple more lights then what I have originally needed. However meanwhile I have had quite a bit of interest in this light from non cpf sources (friends and family). So if I have any lights left I'll contact you.

For this first run, there will be only a total of 40 lights - no more. These here are the people signed up:

ChocolateLab33
Dr_Joe
flex76italy
rhutchinson
Wasabe64
indenial
JimH
nrk
wmpwi
Stillphoto
Karlthev (got the check, thanks)
Free
Elakazam
fore (got the check, thanks)
flashlight
Andreas
Andreas
Amorphous
Amorphous
NikolaTesla
Carpe Diem
Carpe Diem
GADGETOMETRY
Trashman
PhotonFanatic
Panzergrennie
Lars
alauda
alauda
Vifam
christrose
mobile1
mobile1
mobile1
mobile1
mobile1
mobile1
mobile1
mobile1
mobile1

For Serial number requests, please send an email to mobile1 aat gmail.com . If you have expressed your preferences already you don't need to send an email.

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Pila version is, I believe, 168S. The 168S is the same diameter as a CR123. Using the 168S, the only difference in the light is the length of the rods. A 168A is fatter and would require more to be changed then just the rods. (and being the the Pila model requires extra payment for the longer rods only, it's gotta be the 168s!)

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sign Up for the "Gattling" (Flashlight reinvented)

UPDATE THE LATEST THREAD REGARDING THE GATLIGHT (or Gatling LIght) is here

UPDATE: yeah to accomodate the 168A the light would need to be thicker (1.25inch) which I thought is too bulky. THe problem is mostly that in the back there is already so much going on (battery lid, turn on/off knob, battery water sealing + watersealing of knob and battery lid). I think if we can do a multi brightness level switch maybe in the future, we might gain some space in the back to accomodate the 168A. Right now its the 168S - We should have a prototype in a couple of days to test the light....
Then we ran some tests regarding the driver.... it's working great, the LED at max brightness gets 995mA anyway we'll do brightness/temperature/runtime tests soon, and I'll post the results as soon as I have them.

We still need to tweak the feature we think will add 15% runtime compared to other drivers. At the moment the light is flickering (with the feature enabled), but the guy in charge thinks that we need to tweak one component and it will probably work. Anyway that would be nice bonus I think...

Then we have found a very creative way to offer a very unique light using mostly the same components but with a different look... Once we have a prototype I'll post some pictures - all I can say there is, HOLD ON TO YOUR WALLET.

Oh then I got this super strong glow paint for those who ordered glow painted batteries - I am pretty impressed how bright the paint is - I'll do some tests on batteries soon...

Last edited: