Sign-up thread for the MillerMods high power Arc AAA Cree XR-E mod (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you solved the heat problem yet? Are the run times affected by the higher VF of the Q5's?
Thanks,
Mike

The 1.25 watt version will have to be eliminated. So the available high settings are now .75 watt, 1 watt, and 1.5 watt. The 1.25 watt setting drifts to 1.5 watts and I may not be able to come up with a solution. The runtimes are not affected by the higher Vf's because I set the driver to output a specific power and the drivers output current will vary inversely with Vf. The efficiency of the LED is the most critical specification the determine how bright it will be; not just the flux bin the LED is in.

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eric,

If you haven't started on mine , I would like to change to Q5 or highest bin with .75 high and 25ma low

Nebula

Enlightened
Eric - please add me to your list for Arc -AAA mod @ 3/4 watt ~65-80 lumens for high, and 50 mA for low level output. I have my own light that I would like to send up. Is that ok?

Also, I have an Arc AA with an extra head that I would like to mod using a LuxIII. Any chance of getting this light in the queue?

Thanks.

Kirk

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eric - please add me to your list for Arc -AAA mod @ 3/4 watt ~65-80 lumens for high, and 50 mA for low level output. I have my own light that I would like to send up. Is that ok?

Also, I have an Arc AA with an extra head that I would like to mod using a LuxIII. Any chance of getting this light in the queue?

Thanks.

Kirk

When I get to you on the list I'll have you send me your Arc AAA. Unfortunately I don't do the Arc AA mods anymore. I'm just focusing on the Arc AAA mods for awhile.

colossus

Newly Enlightened
Eric - please add me to your list for Arc -AAA mod @ 1.00 watt for high, and 50 mA for low level output. Q5 or best available bin. I have an old style Arc AAA that I would like to use if possible.

mspeterson

Enlightened
Please add me to the list, Q5 (or better) please....will pick levels at later date...Thanks!

craigberesh

Newly Enlightened
What a time not to have my millermod. fires burning all around me. This is the second time in 4 years. Neverthe less, I will change my order to the 1.o watt instead of 1.25 based on what you said in a earlier post.

white light

Enlightened
Please add me to the list, 2 @ Q5 or better one with 2 stage 50ma/1 watt and the other @ 50ma/1.5ma.Thanks, Jesse ; I dont mined waiting at all,days,weeks,months,what ever it takes,I'm in

Last edited:

glyptic

Newly Enlightened
Hello MillerMods,
This is my first post so I do not know if I am doing everything appropriately.
I was wondering if I would be able to purchase only the two stage converters with or without a Q5 emitter. If this is possible please let me know the details. I am trying to build some small wacky AAA lights. Thank you for your time: glyptic

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello MillerMods,
This is my first post so I do not know if I am doing everything appropriately.
I was wondering if I would be able to purchase only the two stage converters with or without a Q5 emitter. If this is possible please let me know the details. I am trying to build some small wacky AAA lights. Thank you for your time: glyptic

I'm sorry but I don't sell stand alone drivers any more.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi MM,

I'm near the top of the list. What's the estimate on the wait? Thanks.

I wish I had a sure answer but the dust is still settling. I finally got my house on the market and just got finished filling the moving truck and we're heading back to Columbus. We still have about 1/4th of the stuff to move. I have also been helping my dad with some of his home projects while I'm living there. I think in about 2 weeks I'll be back at building lights and will have yours done the first week I start again.

iocheretyanny

Enlightened
Are you still charging $20 additional for premium bin, or since even Q5 is now easy to get, there is no longer a premium?

Can you please update your post with approximate lumens for Q4 and Q5, and what the costs are now for these LED's?

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you still charging $20 additional for premium bin, or since even Q5 is now easy to get, there is no longer a premium?

Can you please update your post with approximate lumens for Q4 and Q5, and what the costs are now for these LED's?

X2, also since the Q5 bins are brighter, is it possible to get a 1/2 watt for longer runtime.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts