Simple battery question about Jetbeam E3s

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Primary 123/RCR 123/18650 are all okay; it's brighter on 123s because of the increased voltage, but runtime is roughly halved. There's a $6 extender tube you can get if you want to further up the runtime/cell count.

NM08SRT8

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to beat a dead horse. But with lights of this similar size, up to about $150ish limit, what is my best bang for my buck for throw?

You've been a great help thus far

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The Thrunite would be my choice because it's a serious thrower but still genuinely useful; the ability to set your modes as you please all the way down to a super low low means you could actually use it as an EDC or an around-the-house light. But if all you're interested in is max throw regardless of compromise, there's a few other ways you could go:

- The Xeno G42 will out throw the TN11 marginally, but it has a poor medium/high/max mode arrangement.

- The 4Sevens X10 will out throw the TN11 by a larger margin, but it uses unique 26500 cells only, and has only medium/max modes.

- The DEFT-EDC will out throw any of these lights by at least double, but it uses an aspheric lens, meaning it throws only a tiny, narrow beam, like a fat laser.

Latest posts