Single 18650 lights with a throw distance over 300m?

IdRatherBeFishing

Newly Enlightened
What are some good single 18650 cell lights that have high throw distances?

So far I've found the Nitecore SRT7 at 308m/960 lumen/23,256cd. Are there many others in that category?

The Fenix offerings are up to about 270m throw in that class (TK22, CREE XM-L2 (U2) version).

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
JetBeam DDC25 - 300m

NiteCore P16 - Not quite, but 289m

Kokopelli

Enlightened
Armytek Predator series with XP-G2 emitters throw farther than 300m. They have around 400-500 lm outputs, though.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Onestopthrowshop 's Nightmaster

• 204Kcd ANSI beam distance 903 meters
  • Runs on 2xCR123, 2x protected RCR123(rechargable) or one rechargeable 18650 lithium-ion cell although power will be reduced with an 18650

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought my brother a OSTS Nightmaster for his birthday. Pure throw and, if that's what you're looking for, it is great.

We used little AAA lights to walk through the woods to get to a lake near his house and then used the OSTS Nightmaster to see what was on the other side.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumintop Hunter T5 XP-G2. Similar to the Armytek Predator XP-G2, but throws further.

Poppy

Flashaholic
You have to remember that there are a lot of lights that are rated to throw to 300 meters, but that means that they will add 0.25 lumens at that distance.
Personally to think that 0.25 lumens at over 300 meters will allow me to see something that I otherwise was not able to see is... laughable.
If you take the square root of the cd of a light, that will give you the distance in yards/meters that you will get 1.0 lumens. For me, that is a more realistically usable amount of light.
If the light is claiming ANSI distances, I just cut that number in half.

Kokopelli

Enlightened
Oh, and I found my Jacob A60. An XRE light with a big plastic reflector. Too much throw for a ~$14 light. Not a too quality light though.

If you're into tight budget, you can look at different C8 type offerings for cheap throw.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have to remember that there are a lot of lights that are rated to throw to 300 meters, but that means that they will add 0.25 lumens at that distance.
Personally to think that 0.25 lumens at over 300 meters will allow me to see something that I otherwise was not able to see is... laughable.
If you take the square root of the cd of a light, that will give you the distance in yards/meters that you will get 1.0 lumens. For me, that is a more realistically usable amount of light.
If the light is claiming ANSI distances, I just cut that number in half.

I simply divide by 3.

blerkoid

Newly Enlightened
I have similar needs and I just ordered the SRT7 a few days ago.
Good luck with your hunt.

IdRatherBeFishing

Newly Enlightened
I have similar needs and I just ordered the SRT7 a few days ago.
Good luck with your hunt.

Keep us updated with what your impressions are when it comes. I would be very interested how you like it, and if you can compare it to some other lights that may help to illustrate its performance without seeing it in person.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I would ask how wide a beam you want at 300 yards....and, what you wanted to see/resolve.