Single Cup Coffee Maker

RonReagan

Newly Enlightened
I see you got one, but someone else mentioned the aeropress and that thing is great for anyone interested.

Last edited:

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man up, REAL men DO NOT drink foo-foo coffee or Starbucks "Liberal" coffee. Buy a B&D single cup maker and replace it IF it breaks (I still have the first one that someone bought me in 1995 and it works great, I have 3 more in waiting, that others have bought for me since, a couple that I have given to others. If you can't tell, I am a HUGE coffee drinker (not 1 cup of foo-foo coffee a day here) and my friends know that.

My .02 FWIW YMMV

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello? Have you all gone mad?

Am i alone in the desrt with my MOKAPOT? Hello!!??

By far the best and simplest first morning cup. Load the grounds load the water, put it on the flame, and that gurgling noise will be your coffee ready to pour".

...or else your cat vomiting.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I was in our local coffee house this morning and they had a glass french press that doubles as a mug.
I found similar images on Google.
Didn't know they existed, wouldv'e been great for use in the caravan but I've decided I can't live without this

pearl012.jpg

Lavazza a Modo Mio, the coffee is as good if not better than we get from our local coffee house.
Cons pods are expensive.

Norm

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Small Chemex. Real Chemex filters (pre-rinsed!!), decent burr grinder, electric kettle. A few days practice, 5-6 minutes of your time.....and you have GREAT coffee every day. I make 16 ounces every morning and bring it to work. SO much better than the office coffee.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another vote for Keurig. Endless selection, ease of use, plus the ability to brew with your own grounds. I have a Keurig at home, and I am glad we have one at work.

We too have one at work and home. I like a lighter coffee, wife likes dark. It is so easy to make 2 perfect cups of coffee.
We too have the filter, so we can use our own coffees.

chaoss

Enlightened
Small Chemex. Real Chemex filters (pre-rinsed!!), decent burr grinder, electric kettle. A few days practice, 5-6 minutes of your time.....and you have GREAT coffee every day. I make 16 ounces every morning and bring it to work. SO much better than the office coffee.

This man knows what he is talking about, just be careful when cleaning it.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
What, no one has suggested a percolator?

(I'm kidding. Honestly. I wouldn't give perc coffee to my dog. And I don't have a dog.)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Updating: I finally got an Aeropress, and now I don't know why anyone bothers with drip coffeemakers - if you peruse the coffee snob forums, they universally agree that this $25 device makes much better coffee than even the $300 imported auto drip machines, enough so that it's not even a fair comparison. It's a lot faster too; not counting the ~3 minutes to heat the water in the microwave, I can brew a very smooth cup in right around 40 seconds. And since there's no one way to use it, you can suit your brew to your taste any number of ways, stronger/weaker or brighter/darker. There are national and world Aeropress championships where professional baristas face off to compare their various brew methods (which they then publish online, so you can try out a wide variety of literally award-winning techniques.) Highly recommended if you've ever wondered what competition-level coffee tastes like.

1026aeropress.jpg