• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sinner Customs - Tri-EDC's and more - this run CLOSED

zehnmm

Enlightened
Re: Sinner Customs - Tri-EDC's and more.

Hello everyone. Have not been active for a bit on CPF, and I just ran into this thread. I am definitely interested in exploring this! FYI, I used to have a Mac Tri-EDC with triple XPG's on 18350 cells. A few years back, in a funds gathering mode, I sold it. Sorry I did that. :mecry:

Anyway, as I ponder a possible new purchase, a few questions:
1. If I choose the high output FET driver along with the XP-Ls, has anyone measured the maximum current flowing? As I read the Cree data sheet, a single led is spec-ed at 3 amps max. Would there be 9 amps max for the tri-edc using XP-Ls?
2. For the A17DD-S08 FET, I see the sequence is moonlight - LMH + turbo 30 sec + memory. Question: is the LMH at 5% - 33% - 100%?
3. By going through the Cree data sheet and working with the minimum luminous flux values and computed lumens values, I get an estimated 1,058 led lumens at 3 amps for a single led. (x 3 = 3,174 led lumens.) If I assume a 20% to 33% range for emitter losses, I get OTF estimated lumens at 2,126 to 2,539. Is this in the ballpark of what everyone is getting with tri XP-Ls with the FET? Has anyone done some integrated sphere measures?
4. And lastly, is this a light that can be put together for me? I have absolutely zero soldering skills. As a matter of fact, I am pretty incompetent in putting things together; hence, getting a light ready to go is best for me.

Thanks!

gktii

Enlightened

Hello everyone. Have not been active for a bit on CPF, and I just ran into this thread. I am definitely interested in exploring this! FYI, I used to have a Mac Tri-EDC with triple XPG's on 18350 cells. A few years back, in a funds gathering mode, I sold it. Sorry I did that. :mecry:

Anyway, as I ponder a possible new purchase, a few questions:
1. If I choose the high output FET driver along with the XP-Ls, has anyone measured the maximum current flowing? As I read the Cree data sheet, a single led is spec-ed at 3 amps max. Would there be 9 amps max for the tri-edc using XP-Ls?
2. For the A17DD-S08 FET, I see the sequence is moonlight - LMH + turbo 30 sec + memory. Question: is the LMH at 5% - 33% - 100%?
3. By going through the Cree data sheet and working with the minimum luminous flux values and computed lumens values, I get an estimated 1,058 led lumens at 3 amps for a single led. (x 3 = 3,174 led lumens.) If I assume a 20% to 33% range for emitter losses, I get OTF estimated lumens at 2,126 to 2,539. Is this in the ballpark of what everyone is getting with tri XP-Ls with the FET? Has anyone done some integrated sphere measures?
4. And lastly, is this a light that can be put together for me? I have absolutely zero soldering skills. As a matter of fact, I am pretty incompetent in putting things together; hence, getting a light ready to go is best for me.

Thanks!

I have this exact setup you've described, however i do not know the specific data you are asking about...What i do know, in comparison to other lights, these push over the 2k lumen mark. And i bought all of mine already put together from Sinner. As i also do not have soldering skills.. ;-) I highly recommend giving these a shot. I currently have 5 in my collection. And for the money, it's very hard to beat this light...

zehnmm

Enlightened

Hello gktii. Thanks for your response! I am encouraged based on your experience.

I do have other questions: In your Tri-EDC light setups do they start out in Low? Or other levels? Do you know if that is something that can be specified in an order to Sinner?

Again, thanks!

gktii

Enlightened

Mine all start out in Low or moonlight. LMH. But not sure of the options he gives. Always best to send him an email and he can respond to all of your specific questions. He's usually pretty quick to get back to you. [emoji106]🏼

lumosmaxima

Newly Enlightened

Thanks! I was just wondering what size would fit because I just bought a copper tri 18350 edc and it came with an orange o-rings in the head and I wanted to swap it out, just wasn't sure about the size.

kadinh

Newly Enlightened

Ordered my 18650 copper light yesterday (July 10th). Can't wait to get it.

Sulman (Sinner) was great to deal with and kindly answered all my questions very politely. Highly recommended. I will post an update of the light when it arrives.

sinner-cpf

Newly Enlightened

(new) Crenelations
9KSEmCI.png

kadinh

Newly Enlightened

I like that a lot!

sinner-cpf

Newly Enlightened

long overdue, buried under orders and machining for the past couple of months.
just this weeks yeild..
FyRM8cy.jpg

oneinthaair

Enlightened
Sinner Customs - Tri-EDC's and more.

Wow! Can't wait to get my hand on some of these!!

How many slots are in the the head?