• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Nguyen 2nd Run?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The twisty is actually mandatory for for very high output P60vn such as SBT90.2, 12*XPL2 mule, or 6*XHP50.2 Mule. Reverse clicky will get by in short bursts but you can never be 100% sure when the switch will be cooked. hahaha

My SLN twisty mule resides in the Maverick :)

fulee9999

Enlightened
Been taking it outside and with a M91 in it she rocks
are the M91T-M61T-M61HOT different sizes...?

My chonky boi just arrived today, got my M61HOT to plop in it, aaaaand it doesn't fit. Not even close.
Can you share a picture of the M91T?

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the optic is the same size as the inside diameter of the head, so you would likely damage one or both parts. Just FWIW.

I believe Oveready uses the same optic for their DIP modules hence the requirement for the optic to drop in separately from the DIP's LED engine.

fulee9999

Enlightened
Wrap it in copper and smash it in
Considering how tough the drop-in and the light are I'm likely to break my hammer before those two giving...

I believe the optic is the same size as the inside diameter of the head, so you would likely damage one or both parts. Just FWIW.

The optic part is fine, the problem is with the body of the drop-in under the rim, I just realized the Ts and HOTs have the fat-body shape, while the "normal" ones have the slim body:
1643294337062.png

The slim body drop-ins have around 2mm slimmer bodies under the rim, so they fit.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right.... that's my point, if you smash it in, the optic will fit, but the dropin for the T or HOT won't because it is physically too large.

IE only the optic will fit. This is the same case as the OR DIP module. Optic barely fits in- but there's no surround like there is on the Malkoff.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
That isn't the DIP.... I don't think you are quite following me here, which is fine, but we are getting carried away from the purpose of discussion. The image you linked is their Torchlab dropin, which is in size similar to the M61and I can confirm OR's Torchlab modules fit with no problem, there is actually space so you may consider wrapping those too.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HOT and T modules from Malkoff use an optic that in and of itself will barely fit inside the guts of SLN. This is to say that the brass that surrounds the optic is well outside the interior dimensions and clearances provided in the SLN (and the vast majority of other P60) hosts.

I say/ said this to note the dangers of trying to smash it in- while both of these products are known for their extreme durability, I fear smashing these two together would be "an immovable object being struck by an unstoppable force" resulting in either heat death of the universe, or an end to both of the general functionality of aforementioned parts.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roger, I know Kernal was having a laugh, just making a sidenote of the actual dimensions of the optic... now we are way off topic XD

Besides, I'd want a H/L ring with those. The M361 w/ a 50E cell is a true beast of a light. All the durability, all the runtimes. Ugh now I want to put an M61LL in an SLN.....

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always tell my friends and family with my lights when they drop (As they know I spend too much money on the... cough Vinh cough....) and my only response is ever "If you manage to break one of my lights, it wasn't worth my having anyways."

As such, I needed a second SLN, really trying hard not to go for a third!

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
The twisty is actually mandatory for for very high output P60vn such as SBT90.2, 12*XPL2 mule, or 6*XHP50.2 Mule. Reverse clicky will get by in short bursts but you can never be 100% sure when the switch will be cooked. hahaha

My SLN twisty mule resides in the Maverick :)
I'm not a big fan of reverse clicky switches..
If someone could supply Vinh with solid brass or plated copper Malkoff spec drop-in buckets, I'd like a 12-XPL2 Mule in my 22.3 head
20190418_115340.jpg

Last edited: