Slotcars, flashlights and aliens

keysandslots

Newly Enlightened
Now, this is truly an indication that I have too much time on my hands. I've been tuning these two trucks to get them running on my wood track and decided to add a passenger to each. Then I got to thinking that I would like to pose them somehow for a photo.

I had built a diorama a few weeks ago for taking photos of my cars, and had a fully charged Mag hotwire ready to go so, here's a photo combining two hobbies:

P1010935_sm.jpg

Last edited:

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool photo of nice trucks! I always like to combine my hobbies as well. that's why I love to take my trusty Nikon F100 (I'm a shutterbug) everywhere I go in my travels to various theme/amusement parks (I'm a coaster enthusiast,) railroads (I'm a railfan,) and car shows (I'm a classic car owner/lover.)

I've combined flashlights into my hobbies as well in that I've taken my EDC lights to and used them at some theme parks. Some parks are extremely dark and it's easy to trip on something if you don't have a light. The queue for Dueling Dragons at Islands of Adventure in Florida is one extremely dark theme park location where my EDC Mini-Maglite came in *very* handy.

At a night time roller coaster event a few years ago, I used my Mini-Maglite to help point out a problem with a roller coaster's wheel/tire to a maintenance man in the boarding station. He was very thankful and immediately took the train offline to have that wheel assembly replaced.

Combining hobbies is fun!

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a cool pic if I do say so myself. You should now find a way to suspend one of the passenegers in midairso it looks like he's being lifted into the mothership!

keysandslots

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone. HSG, funny you should mention that, I was thinking about suspending the trucks with some fishing line.

The track is not a big deal, I needed to make it moveable so there's no scenery. Someday I'd like to do a combination of the slot cars and some G gauge trains.

If anyone is in the Toronto area, feel free to come by and run some slotcars.

P1010251sm.jpg

Randy