smoothie bodies

pimaxc

Newly Enlightened
So I'm looking into my next build and I'm looking to use a P60 drop in with the over ready triad tail cap and will fit 1x18650 or 2x16350. The 6z from Overready would do, but it's kinda pricy, I'm trying to cut down the price a little. I like the vital gear stuff, it's mostly smooth, but it looks like the triad tail cap won't fit.

Thoughts?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SureFire/Oveready tailcaps are not ideal for Solarforce L2P but can work. What qualities are you looking for in a body? You said smoothie, but are you looking to have a lighter body? Because the Oveready 6Z is quite light. I have one on order and expect it before Friday. I also ordered another Triad tailcap because they are fantastic for comfortable, precise control of dropins designed for throw. So if you are going to spring for the (expensive) Triad, you might as well keep your build balanced in quality and get a shaved Oveready body, my opinion. That is, if there are any available.

I mean, if you have a tendency to lose lights then maybe go the budget route. Otherwise, just enjoy the fine quality of the real thing. Their customer service is stellar, I might add. They have put up with a lot from me, and the satisfaction is really top notch.

Otherwise, maybe someone here can steer you towards something cheaper. My Overeadys will last for life. And experimenting, I have easily replaced the McClicky switches in an Oveready tailcap. The Zero Res 'switches' are essentially eternal. If you did get a Zero Res, check out the polishing on the inside face; really high quality. In this case, you get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

pimaxc

Newly Enlightened
You have a point I should just bite the bullet and get what I really want. I've ordered through them before and they really are a great company.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of Vital Gear bodies - FB1s and FB2s. They are E-series size and I use VME heads and Malkoff M61/M361/M31 dropins. I use CR123 or 16340 li-ions. I think a 17670 will fit in an FB2 body. An 18650 won't fit.

I have several Oveready bodies - Modoolar TL tubes of different lengths, adaptors, tails and bored 6Ps. As noted above, great quality and stellar customer service. In fact, I agree with everything Kitrobaskin says. +1