So,.....I have a problem....too many recent purchases.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first step is recognizing you have a problem. First step,.....check.

Examples:

I purchased a 14500 battery off the interwebs for a small light I found, a Maratac Tri-Flood....but the cell I got was too long...so got a shorter one for it. But, rather than count that cell as a loss,....I decided to "find another flashlight for it". Eventually purchased a "cheap" Eagle Eye X1 for $18 off ebay. Surprisingly decent for the price! That longer 14500 just barely fits.

I had an Olight Seeker 2. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. But then, saw a blue colored Olight Seeker 3 Pro, with the variable output switch. I'm a sucker for those types of lights, not having to sequence through brighter setting just to get back to a lower one. So I purchased it....for IMO a lot of money [for a flashlight]. Fast forward to recent times. I completely blame FLASHAHOLIC youtube channel for this.....but he did a video on the Olight Seeker 4 pro! I didn't need that light!! Not at all! But then I saw the Midnight Blue color...........and you guessed it.

The other night, while out on my balcony, using the Olight Seeker 4 pro on turbo, looking at things further out,...I pointed it at even further away trees,.....and said to myself,......"I really wanna see those trees better...". :-| Do I even need to continue? Yes, I purchased yet another flashlight. :-(

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

From someone who owns several batteries for every light, think I should stay quiet & listen.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also blame Olight for that dadgum Midnight Blue color. Fortunately, I got it when they were running some sort of promotion....so it was $30 less than normal, and came with an i3T EOS as well. A pretty neat AAA light [which I'm running an Eneloop].

Tell me again why you consider these continuing purchases a problem??? No comprendo amigo. 200.gif

You're in the rising phase of the flashlight addiction. Your collection proliferates with many different UIs, gimmicks/features, finishes and materials, multiple emitters.

The maturing phase might be realizing a single emitter with an excellent OP reflector with only a few modes is all one will need. Perhaps one light for close to mid distances. Then another for throw.

All roads lead back to: Malkoff and Elzetta; sometimes HDS. 😁

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't get an Elzetta before you get into a Surefire addiction. Elzetta is too good and all you ever wanted and you will just be like why do I even need a 3/6/9P because this does the job straight out of the box and doesn't even need expensive upgrades.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uh oh. Someone fell off the wagon.

*sigh* What did you get?
Oh,.....probably something that isn't the best quality out there,....but is by far the brightest light I've owned. The Acebeam L35. Tint is fairly warm. I was able to light up the trees that are more than 200 yards away.

BVH

Flashaholic
Some people, drink, smoke, gamble and chase skirt... everyone's got a vice right? 🤣
Thank goodness I don't have any of those vices. But I do have this one.
Yep, I have a beautiful 1956 vintage Wilton bullet VICE that I restored. I had 4 at one time so, many VICES. But now this is my only VICE...
Wilton 1956 Vintage 9400 Machinist Bullet Vise Close Right.jpg

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank goodness I don't have any of those vices. But I do have this one.
Yep, I have a beautiful 1956 vintage Wilton bullet VICE that I restored. I had 4 at one time so, many VICES. But now this is my only VICE...View attachment 50595

Dig that vise. Used one about that old and just about the same model almost every day at my last job. Sure wasn't in that good a shape, but I have to say those shiny acorn nuts are classy icing on the cake.

But now this is my only VICE...

I'm not buyin' this though;-)

3_gun

Enlightened
As long as the bills are paid & you're not going into debt buy whatever you want.

That's why I have 12 Leatherman tools, 40+? Swiss Army knives, 7 laptop & 13 desktop computers (all work), 30 different flashlights WITHIN arms reach (more that I can't reach sitting here), don't even get me started with tools but I'm sure I have at least 70 different pair of pliers in different sizes+type and more guns than I can fit in 3 gun lockers (that included 8 M1 Garands at one point). Some of these things were things I bought on the way to finding the "right" one & I just never got rid of the others. Some were just deals to good to pass up. Some are because I have one in every tool box, bag, case & vehicle I own so I don't have to look for where I left it last when I need it.

That said I've never bounced a check, been over drawn at the bank, gone hungry (that wasn't by choice,ex GF was never a good cook), have no debt & save enough that when I needed to spend an unexpected $3K I didn't have to wonder where or how I was going to get it. So yea I buy what I want not just what I need & you should too if you're not robbing Peter to pay Paul as the saying goes

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
@BVH, Did you restore that Wilton machinist vice?
Beauty, those chrome acorns looks better than my cars lug nuts lol

I have a 4-1/2" smooth jaw. Someone liberated from US shipyards circa 1976 🇺🇲