• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* : 15W Ostar Surefire L6

Britelumens

Enlightened
Re: FS: 15W Ostar Surefire L6

Hi cy,

Yes, stock reflector, awesome throw and flood. You can take a look at my thread here too for some wall shot.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

does this use the stock surefire reflector?

how's the beam pattern with ostar vs stock 5watt?

PLT

Newly Enlightened

Jo,

Paypal has been sent. I have included extra USD2.00 for registered mail.

Thanks,

Britelumens

Enlightened

Hi PLT,

Paypal received, will dispatch it out for you immediately on the first working day after the Chinese New Year holiday.

Happy New Year to you too!

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Jo,

Paypal has been sent. I have included extra USD2.00 for registered mail.

Thanks,

whitedoom34

Newly Enlightened

Paypal sent. $2.00 included for registered mail. Thanks!

Britelumens

Enlightened
Thanks FedEx :D

2tsf.jpg

paulsl

Enlightened
I'm glad you did well on your sale. I was afraid to post again as I wanted one but had spent too much recently. Thanks for your previous response.

whitedoom34

Newly Enlightened
britelumens,
Can these be run on 3xRCR123 or do they require 3xIMR123? What is the amp draw on the batteries? Ive read around the forums, and I have gotten answers from 1.6-1.9 amps. What is it really?

Britelumens

Enlightened
britelumens,
Can these be run on 3xRCR123 or do they require 3xIMR123? What is the amp draw on the batteries? Ive read around the forums, and I have gotten answers from 1.6-1.9 amps. What is it really?

Hi whitedoom,

It can be run on 3xRCR123. The only concern is only when running at the highest output setting where the current draw from the driver can be close to 1.9 amp as the battery voltage slag. Therefore, to those who concern about the longevity of the battery or safety concern if the battery maximum allow current is less than that, you can use 3xIMR123.

The more cells lego you use, the lower the current draw as the batteries voltage slag (up to 5 CR123) and cooler the SHARK driver run.

For medium and low, its not a concern for the battery as the current draw is low.

However, please remember that use the highest output in short burst mode or momentary only as mentioned in my first post.

Let me know if I have answered your questions.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

whitedoom34

Newly Enlightened
Thank you so much for your well worded answer britelumens. You answered my question superbly. Ive concluded to buy IMRs for my light, which should arrive in about a week! Thank you so much!

whitedoom34

Newly Enlightened
recieved yesterday
tested last night
and im very sorry to report
that i will not be making any more flashlight purchases for the rest of 2009
this is the most extraordinary flashlight i have every seen, dreamed, or imagined. period.

btw, the light did automatically shut off after 7 minutes in high mode. This was expected, and probably unhealthy, but I had to know how long it took. Could you tell me the current levels for each mode? I know high is around 1.7amps and medium is about .6amps. How bout low?

Britelumens

Enlightened
Hi whitedoom,

Thanks for the update.

A good practice / recommendation is to run the highest level at short burst or momentary less than 2 mins each time. If I did not remembered wrongly, mid level was about 0.54A and low was about 0.24A

Indeed, this light is hard to beat in term of beauty, output and size :thumbsup:

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens